It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
(male)

resQuS HB User
Unhappy I have Severe Anxiety and Need help.

Hi,

Ive been dealing with anxiety my whole life the first time i had to go to a doctor for it was when i was 6 years old.
My grandfather had it and my Mother as well.
My parrents always pushed me to go out and do things and with there help i did.
Then when i got into year 9 i got very rebelous as alot of teens do and ended up cutting school allot of the time.(I didnt cut school to go out with friends i cut it just to go home). Anyway it got to the point where i convinced my parents to let me studdy from home. This of course was a terrible idea on my part.My anxiety has overtaken my life i have not left my house for a year and a half.

I cant even contact a doctor let alone actually go to an appointment. Is there any advice that could help me charge through and get the help i need?

p.s
I have only suffered a panic attack once, is that weird?

Last edited by resQuS; 04-21-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
(female)

Janellebell HB User
Re: I have Severe Anxiety and Need help.

I can totally relate to your story. I'm 20 years old and when I was 18 I dropped out of highschool. I would skip school every day to go home just like you did! I constantly wanted to be at home in bed and sleep. My boyfriend now finance has been my saving grace through out this whole ordeal, so I'm pretty lucky to have someone so motivating! That is really so important for you and I, motivation. It may seem impossible to find at the moment, but I have to ask what do you love to do? There must be something you want? That is the first step, finding something you want. The second step is just to have someone to vent to. Does'nt matter who just as long as they will listen, mom, dad, you know. For me just holding my cat and hugging her in the morning can change my whole day! I know it sounds silly but you just have to find these little tiny things about your life that make you feel good. And I know this is the one we probably both hate, and thats just putting your self out there......... It sucks when you are sooo comforatable with being alone cooped up, been there done that, but It came to a point where my mom forced me out haha! I hated her for it but I will thank her for the rest of my life! And if in the end, none of that helps you and you know you have tryed the hardest you can, it's time to seek help. There are groups you can find online, or seek out a doctors advice. I know how hopless it can seem. I hated me and honestly some days I still fall into that emptiness, but I am seeing the light. I really hope any of this helped you even just alittle bit:/ Hold in there! Nothing is set in stone oh p.s. remind yourself why your are afraid to contact a professional, chances are when you say it out loud, It will sounds silly to you. I have to do that to myself allll the time. Say outloud what your afraid of!!

Last edited by Janellebell; 04-24-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
(female)

Ahtram HB User

I suffer from severe panic attacks at times but even when I don't have panic attacks, my anxiety level is off the charts. The best thing you can do is try your best to leave the house and see a doctor because it is controlling your existence (as it will with most anxiety sufferers) but you can't get help inside your home. I know you want your life back right? Of course you do!! So, since you know what it is, you have to tell yourself things that will help you find the courage to get up and leave your surroundings. Think about it, it's not going away with you being IN the house is it? So, you're going to have it with you inside or outside (don't I know!!). You have to dig down deep and find the courage to beat it because you cannot let anxiety take your life from you!! And the one thing I know is that IT will never let go of you if you don't let go of it...you can do it!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
(female)

mcphra01 HB User

I have anxiety too! It's horrible, but I meditate (you can find these recordings on Youtube, Limewire, etc.) and I do breathing exercises. The breathing really helps! All you do is take a deep breath in, hold for a count of four and exhale through the mouth. It sounds like you have generalized anxiety instead of trauma induced. However, generalized can be seen as harder because there is not ONE thing that you can pinpoint to blame the anxiety on. If you need anyone to talk to, just e-mail me or get ahold of me on here. It helps to know that their are people out there that have the same problem that you have (AND THAT YOUR NOT ABNORMAL!)

Thanks! Hope this helps!

Closed Thread