It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Generic Prozac.....Fluoxetine?

Hi all...........Happy Friday.

Hope all is well with you. I have a quick question.

I am taking the generic "Prozac" and have noticed that I am getting little red like dots NOT Pimples or a rash, just red small looking pimples?

Sounds dumb, but just curious........

Please any advise would be great.............I am on 10mgs..............very small, I took the original Prozac many years back, and do not recall this happening.

It bothers me because I see it on my face. Usually my face is clear, given that time of the month.

Thank you for reading, and let me know your experience. I have only been on it Since Monday??????

Thank you again for reading, and hope to hear from you.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-23-2010 at 08:51 AM.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: Generic Prozac.....Fluoxetine?

Please........anyone??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Generic Prozac.....Fluoxetine?

Are these only on your face? I take fluoxetine as well, not name brand Prozac, but I haven't had this happen with me. I do tend to get red spots that itch when I'm anxious though, but this isn't related to the medication. I've always had itchy redness when I'm nervous or anxious!

If you notice that it's getting worse, causing irritation, or isn't going away and bothers you, I'd talk to your doctor or ask the pharmacist about this. It doesn't sound like a common side effect. I actually had an uncommon side effect myself... I had acid reflux from fluoxetine after anything I ate or drink, even just water! Because of this, my pharmacist had me take my pills at night instead of during the day. This solved the problem. Perhaps they have heard of at least one other person who had the same thing as you happen and can help out! Best of luck!

Closed Thread