It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
(female)

war n peace HB User
someone please help

My husband found this page for me and I have read a lot of things that have helped me. Here is my situation if someone could please help I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me. It is comforting to know that I am not the only one going through this
I am on my forth day of taking Zoloft, my symmptoms do not seem to get better, I can't sleep at night, my hand mouth and body tremble out of control and I see no end to this horrible feeling. Because of the trembling feeling it brings on worse anxiety and depression than when I was taking the pill.

Did anyone have symptoms like this when starting a new antidepressant.

I feel so horrible!!!!:confused

Old 04-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
(female)

loungygirl HB User
Re: someone please help

Hi! I have been depressed on and off since I was a child and severely depressed the last year and a half. I was put on Zoloft in February 2009 and took this pill for 6 months. I also had trouble falling/staying asleep, keeping food down and experienced the trembling as well. I also had another problem where I would wake up in the middle of the night with the horrible feeling that I was dying. I would be sweating profusely and my heart would be racing and my anxiety level would be sky-high! I felt like the pills made me crazy!

I would hang in there though as four days is not long enough to know if this pill will eventually help you! From what I have been told about antidepressants, they dont start working for about 3 weeks. But unfortunately, the side effects can take effect immediately and you just have to put up with them. Good luck to you! Finding the right pill takes time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

war n peace HB User
Re: someone please help

Thank you so much for your input. How long after begining the zoloft did your symptoms last? Or better said how long before they went away and you were able to sleep.

That is a big one for me, it is so hard to fall asleep and then I wake up shortly having anxiety and panic attacks.

Closed Thread