It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

candystripe HB User
Panicing, is anyone up?

Is anyone awake?

It's just past 2 am here and I am having a huuuge panic and I'm all alone!!

Sorry and I know it sounds silly but just need to know someone is awake so I can feel like I'm not actually on my own

Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

Impatient1 HB User
Re: Panicing, is anyone up?

Yep, I'm awake, you are not alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
(female)

candystripe HB User

Thank you, I know I must sound so silly!

I'll be alright once it gets to about 4am when the birdies start chirping and morning starts to come around...I just have to know someone else is awake, it's really odd... I find myself watching the live news channels because then I know someone else is awake as it's live... it's so wierd...

I hate being like this so much, I would do anything to just happily go to sleep!

Old 04-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
(female)

Impatient1 HB User

You're welcome. No, you don't sound silly to me. I'm on here looking at what other people are going through so I know I'm not alone in the world with problems. I've been battling some health issues recently and my friends and family are starting to think I'm crazy. I seriously think something is wrong with me so I've been having a lot of anxiety and that's why I'm on here.

Hope you can get some sleep! Is it almost 4 where you're at now?

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-26-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Not silly. When I have panic attacks, I find that talking to someone else helps get my mind off of it and helps to calm me down, too.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #6
(female)

candystripe HB User

Thank you to both of you,

I listened to the birds singing the morning chorus for a while then managed to reluctantly drop off to sleep at about 4:30am for a few hours!

I used to just have social phobia etc but this is getting beyond a joke now, so fed up of being like this... I can't even sleep happily in the house I have lived in since the day I was born, I can't even venture into my own back garden! It's ridiculous!

Thankyou again, it's always so comforting to know someone else is there

X

Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 AM   #7
(male)

SuperLeroy HB User

I'll tell you what. You are all entirely not alone. I found this site because lately I have been having an extreme form of anxiety about my house and cars and life and everything. Seems it won't stop. Definitely not alone and I could use knowing that there are other people around who feel the same way.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Honestly I think that is the hardest part of having panic disorders- you always feel like it's only you. Thank God for sites like this where we can meet others (at least virtually) that have the same or similar issues. It does help a lot to know we aren't alone in this.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
(female)

candystripe HB User

I agree, and I think it's actually more help to talk to others virtually - I can't talk to people face to face I just stay in my house, but on here I can just talk and be myself and not be worried or scared, and I know others that feel the same can talk to me too. It's really quite nice

I'm feeling alright tonight so far (it's just past midnight) actually a little tired. hopefully I won't descend into a huge panic again! Here's hoping!

x

Closed Thread