It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
(male)

Torombolo HB User
Seroquel for anxiety really works!!!!!!

I am a male 38 years old i have suffered from anxiety, whole my life i have tried many different medications for my depression and anxiety some has worked some don't but mostly of those that have worked cause addiction so not a good thing, a few weeks ago my doctor prescribed me seroquel xr for anxiety and depression and i have to say that after just 1 week taking seroquel i have started to feel the benefits now i have like 26 days on seroquel and i have to say that really works for my anxiety like 95 % is gone almost completely , about my depression i am still feeling like 30 or 40 % depressed so im wondering if seroquel can take away the depression totally i will be up dating........:coo l:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
(female)

Esha HB UserEsha HB User
Re: Seroquel for anxiety really works!!!!!!

i used to take seroquel for depression. took it for two years. it helps me sleep at night. im glad it works for you. it made me gain a lot of weight after awhile though, just thought id tell you. the stuff works but it eventually gives you hunger pangs at night and causes you to add a lot of weight without even eating too much. dont forget to fit in some exercise when on seroquel. hugs. glad it helps for anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
(male)

Torombolo HB User

Hello esha thank you for posting , i want to ask you a few questions if you don't mind ,, did you took seroquel for anxiety or depression??? did it worked?? and now what medication are you taking????
because for my depression looks like is not working much?? only working for anxiety,, i have depression and anxiety.i will be waiting for yoyr answer thanks

Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
(female)

Esha HB UserEsha HB User

I took seroquel for depression. It worked mildly, it did make a small difference but the weight gain was too much for me, it made me feel more depressed. As in, the weight gain heightened my depression. At that time, i didnt have anxiety problems. I only developed bad anxiety when my depression got worse, and most of the medication i took didnt work. Now, I am on effexor, but on a high dose of 350mg. After trying soo many kinds of meds, only effexor seemed to work on me, but only at a high dose, a lower dose would be useless (for me at least). It has worked wonders for my depression. Anxiety wise, it did help alot as well, but not entirely. I think that my anxiety predominantly came from ill treated depression. Since my depression is lifting slowly, i reckon.. after forcing myself to face certain fears (slowly), things will get better. I doubt that things can be 100% better though, i think it will be a continuos struggle, im just trying to tone down the struggle as much as i can. Unless in the near future they somehow develope a total cure for depression. People here in Malaysia seem to think that ECT is the cure but I still think the technology is too primitive and the side effects totally unworth it. All the best. Be strong yeah? I know it can feel very sad, pathetic and tough. The stigma will eventually lift. You will eventually find stability, something that works for you.

Closed Thread