It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
(female)

mommy5 HB User
What to ask for instead of Paxil?

The doctor from the walk-in clinic gave me ativan and paxil today and while the ativan will be ok until I can see my dr I am hesitant to take the paxil. I am super tired of living with this gripping fear that seems to hit me everyday. During the day it's some random thing that is going to kill me and at night I suffer flash backs to when I had a severe complcation after the birth of my dd and there was fluid in my lungs. I just want to feel normal.

I do have one problem, I"m wondering now if I am a horrible mother. I have 6 kids at home all day now and my husband works long hours. We just moved here 2 months ago and don't know anyone so I am stuck in the house with fighting screaming kids and I lose it waaaay too much. Now with the ativan in me I am finding I am not reduced to a screaming monster when they fight.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: What to ask for instead of Paxil?

Why are you hesitant to take Paxil? Its a well established, well tested drug for anxiety, panic and depression.

Zoloft or Lexapro are alternatives, but they are verys similar drugs - not much to chose between them. Before you condem paxil, I'd try it - it made my life much more bareable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
(female)

mommy5 HB User

I have read horror stories about people trying to quit paxil, as well as the fact that it makes you tired and sort of zombie like. I have 6 kids to chase after and can't afford to be that way and I do want to stop taking it someday without having to go through withdraw. I guess I'm so torn, I wish the Ativan wasn't such an addictive drug because it works miracles for me. *sigh*

I wish I knew what to do.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

I take Paxil (called Aropax here in Australia) and it doesnt make me zombie like or doped. Last time I wuit it, I just took 3/4 of a pill per day for 4 days, then 1/2 a pill, then 1/4 of a pill, and had no problems at all.

On the net, you only ever read about the bad storeis, not the 99% of people who used the drug with no problem.

Its true that Zoloft of Citralopram can be easier to quit, but you could easily start the paxil now for imidiate benifit, then change to Zolife when you see your PCP with no worries

Closed Thread