It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

lilabelle HB User
Question Wellbutrin not effect anyone's anxiety?

Anyone with depression (and moderate social anxiety) take wellbutrin? have you seen your anxiey get worse? did you need to come off it or were you able to use behavioral approaches to get through the anxiety?

Thanks,
L

Old 06-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: Wellbutrin not effect anyone's anxiety?

It so made my anxiety worse..............not for me..............good for depression, NOT anxiety.........had to come off it........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Wellbutrin not effect anyone's anxiety?

What a bummer to hear this... I often tend to hear the same things, that many people do get increased anxiety from Wellbutrin, but I'm not sure if this is the case with everyone.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-16-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Removed part of post not in response to the thread starter. Ms_Mod

Old 06-17-2010, 02:47 AM   #4
(female)

BlueJello HB User
Post Re: Wellbutrin not effect anyone's anxiety?

Each person is different. All medications have side effects. You can pay attention to how it affects you and decide with your doctor if the decrease in depression is worth the increase in anxiety. Your doctor can also add another anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medication to combat the increase in anxiety (if you have an increase in anxiety--you might not). And you're right, you can learn cognitive behavioral things that can help anxiety (and depression) as well.

I also have depression and social anxiety. I had tried Zoloft, Prozac, Pazil, and Effexor. None of them helped me at all. Wellbutrin has been a miracle for me. I still have depression, and I still have social anxiety, but it is manageable. Maybe my anxiety is higher on Wellbutrin, I'm not sure, but it's a small price to pay for relief from my depression. Anxiety is uncomfortable, but depression can be life-threatening.

Talk to your doctor. Don't rule it out based on what you may have heard. Remember that the most vocal people are always the few that have had bad results with whatever they've tried. It doesn't mean they're in the majority.

Closed Thread