It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
(female)

time and again HB User
Health fears and anxiety attacks.

Hallo. Im posting for my husband who is suffering from health anxiety and anxiety attacks. It started, we think, because he has been visiting a dear friend terminally ill with prostate cancer. He has had his prostate tested, and they came back normal. He keeps having these attacks, sweating breathlessness etc. but the worst thing is that he has now got his mind fixated on his back. He has got osteo arthritis in the bottom of the spine, so he does suffer with backache. This has got out of all proportion, waking up in the middle of the night wanting me to get the paramedics because he cant stand the pain. Im at my wits end not knowing what to do for him. Were both tired out because were not getting much sleep. He has got some tablets, Zimovane, but has not got many left, and I dont think the dr. will let him have any more, which worries him. He is also on Cipralex (escitalopram). He is 75. Any help would be appreciated as I dont know who to turn to. Do you think hypnosis would help Or some kind of therapy. Thank you.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
(male)

samoahmad HB User
Re: Health fears and anxiety attacks.

You have to keep his mind off it as much as possible, support him as much as you can, but also show him its nothing, dont feed his anxiety....hypno therapy helps, accupunture, breathing techniques, sports...anything to get him off the fixation he has...steam rooms, saunas are good....vitamin b-complex, vitamins....let the docter do a test that will confirm he is fine...A change holidays, walks, etc...I wish you the best of luck....Also have a blood test to see for any defisionces like minerals vitamins etc....anxiety is a difficult thing, but he will get over it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread