It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

charpo HB User
Bad Dreams

Let me try again. No one answered me on my last entry. I have been on Prozac for almost one week 10mg. Is it natural to get more nervous and irritable before getting better. And last night I had this dream that was so real when I woke up I was shaking internally. It was really really wierd. I don't know if this isn't right for me, but i can't take any dreams like that.

I know a lot of antidepressants give you weird dreams, but does anyone know of any that DON"T!!!!!!! I need help despirately.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
(male)

samoahmad HB User
Re: Bad Dreams

HI,
bad dreams are not just caused by madication, also from anxiety, stress etc...You are probably nervous about your medication and stressing yourself out...try to relax before sleeping take a warm bath, do some breathing techniques it will help, you stay calm, and hopefully not have bad dreams....If the medicine helps and the side efect is bad dreams, then bad dreams are better than anxiety attacks....good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
(female)

charpo HB User

But during the day I get so angry, and I need some calming. They also gave me klonopon which helps, but I'm trying to only take it the twice a day like they say. Are you on any ad at this time?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #4
(male)

samoahmad HB User

Honestly no I am not, I prefer to do sports, breathing excersizes, yoga, healthy eating etc, That helps me, and I face my fears and don t give up....

Old 06-16-2010, 03:09 AM   #5
(female)

charpo HB User

I wish it was that easy for me. I don't know how to get myself out of this panic. I did try walking, but it didn't seem to help, but maybe I gave up too quickly.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I don't think it's easy for any of us, unfortunately I wish it were though, because anxiety and depression are so hard to deal with!

What might work for one might not work for another, but definitely be open to trying new things. For me, I absolutely notice a difference with exercise, but I tend to have to vigorous workouts to really help with my anxiety, such as running and lifting weights. If I go for walks, my mind drifts off with anxious thoughts too much! I do notice that if I go walk somewhere nice with good scenery, I can relax a bit more.

In addition to my workouts, I try to read and set aside a few minutes here and there doing things I enjoy that let my mind rest. I really don't have a lot of spare time, so sometimes even a good shower relaxes me. FOr the reading, often times it's magazines since I can just read a quick article, or read funny things online. Music is great too!

I think all of these things DO help with stress and anxiety, which in turn can help with bad dreams. I think when a lot of anxiety is in the back of our mind, we start dreaming bad things too. I have had plenty of bad dreams, but one in particular stands out the most. It was awful and I actually woke up paralyzed for a few minutes and felt like I could not breathe and that my body was almost floating. Very scary! Luckily that has not happened again.

I used to take Prozac, but I think this dream happened before I started. I didn't really notice a huge difference in my dreams when I took Prozac. I don't take it anymore b/c I found that my tiredness was getting worse and worse! It was a bummer because I really did think it was helping me at first. Some people DO feel worse at first, so I'd suggest giving it a few weeks before changing. I also had Xanax to take as needed when I was feeling more anxious. I got a low dose since it can be addictive.

I hope your bad dreams don't last!!

Closed Thread