It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
(female)

zukergirl HB User
Is your anxiety worse when you wake up?

I've noticed that my anxiety is way worse when I wake up in the morning. I try to lay in bed and clear my head, but it doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone else experience this? And if so, what do you do about it?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
(male)

greg1x HB User
Re: Is your anxiety worse when you wake up?

OH, yes ! It is at its worse early in the morning and tends to get better as the day goes on (usually). I have not found an effective way to deal with it though. Greg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

JoyceBo HB User

For me its the opposite. I'm fine when I wake up and it get worst as the day goes by. At work I'm always worst. Probably cause I am more stressed out there.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I am also the opposite, but mornings are always a struggle for me in a completely different way. I struggle to wake up every day (there has only been one day in the past few months I woke up feeling refreshed) and I often am very disoriented, as if I was very drunk. I've knocked things over, stumbled, etc. It's just so hard for me to start my day! I feel extremely cloudy headed, so my anxiety is not bad, but nevertheless, it's such a pain to deal with.

I think feeling bad in either way in the morning is definitely tough. Are there specific thoughts that go on in your mind? Do you take any medication? I was taking Prozac for a while, but I took it at night rather than mornings because it was making me too drowsy (I had to stop taking it though because it was getting worse with the drowsiness- I think it was affecting my sleep, thus making me more tired with time). If you do take any medication in the morning, it might be helpful to take it at night... because with taking it each morning, it might be wearing off by the time you wake up and before you take it. Just an idea!

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-16-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Closed Thread