It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
(male)

damone HB User
Making the switch from Klonopin to Xanax

Gonna ask the doctor today. I've been on the klonopin for just over a month, and it's just not working for me. I started out at .5mg 3 times a day. That was exhausting me and upsetting my stomach. So we cut it back to .5mg 2 times a day. Too much. I then went to .25 mg, 2 times a day. Still making me too drowzy. I've also felt like I've had a tough time breathing, but that could be the anxiety.

I've taken Xanax off and on as needed in the past and never had any issues with it. If he suggests something else, I'll try it, but since the Xanax never caused any problems, I'm gonna ask for that.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Making the switch from Klonopin to Xanax

I have never had any issues at all with Xanax, although I do take a low dose, and only on an as needed basis. I chose to NOT take it on a regular basis because of how addictive it can be. I was taking Prozac on a daily basis to help control my anxiety, then taking Xanax when I needed something more. I'm currently in an "in between" phase as I only have the Xanax now and am not taking Prozac. I'm going to hopefully see a doctor soon to talk to them about the Prozac and possible side effects, and see if it may be something else or not. Xanax has been great... I haven't noticed myself taking it more at all... no signs of addiction whatsoever! It does make me a bit sleepy when taking it, which would be expected due to the nature of the pill helping you RELAX, so I tend to not want to take it unless I do need it! Highly recommend! Just be careful with not taking it too much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
(male)

damone HB User

I'm also on 60mg of prozac daily.

The klonopin was making me so tired, I wanted to see if I could get through the day without taking it at all. Not ready yet. I had difficulty breathing and was getting restless.

My feeling is, the xanax can't affect me any worse than the klonopin has, so might as well try it.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
(male)

damone HB User

Doctor said to cut down to just taking Klonopin at night. I'll give it a shot. He doesn't want to put me on Xanax because of the addictiveness and the fact that I may need to take more to help me.

Closed Thread