It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

kk83 HB User
Body Symptoms After 4.5 years?

Hi guys - I am new here and really wanted to talk about some things that have been bothering me. I'm not sure how to get the help I need to achieve some sort of normalcy of my body again.

My problem is I've been in therapy for 4 years now with different people. I've seen 2 psychiatrists and have been on Lexapro, Buspar, and currently Serax (15 mg 3-4 times a day).

Serax has relieved the all day dizziness I felt with just 2 pills spaced every 12 hours if I'm just doing normal things like being at home, taking a walk, going to the grocery store or mall with my husband, ect.

However I'm a student and in class my heart races like crazy, my blood pressure spikes and even with the full amount of Serax I can take - it's as if nothing is even in my system. Also, my symptoms dont peak and subside - they just stay extremely high. I've told my psychiatrist all this, but he doesn't seem to want to change my meds and actually is about to start seeing me less frequently.

I know SO much about anxiety and I employ all the techniques - but the symptoms just won't go away, period. Has anyone been in this situation? I ask all the professionals I see and they don't have an answer.

Today pushed me over the edge a little with being upset. I had a physical for school and my bp was 160/100 and I felt as nervous as I do in any of my classes (normal anxiety) to me. It scares me that my bp is running this high all the time during stress and I need to do something about it, but it's like noone will put the pieces together to help me figure it out .

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-22-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread