It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
(female)

bookofsorrow HB User
anxiety from early age

I have been suffering from major anxiety problems most of my life. onset about age 14. I didn't start taking medication until I was in my 20's. since then I have been on: Paxil, Celexa. and now I am on: Buspar 4 times a day, Ativan 4 times a day, and recently (last thursday) my DR prescribed me Zoloft. 1/2 a pill for 6 days, and now I am taking 1 pill a day for 7 days and after that will be on it twice a day everyday.

I am wondering if taking all of these meds at the same time will have any ill effect on me. (so far I have been alright) but I don't know how else to get my anxiety under control. It's really really bad when I am off my meds, I can't even have family over without having to hide out in my bedroom or go into the bathroom to get sick to my stomach. On my meds, I am somewhat social but still find it difficult to leave the house at times. It mostly depends on where we're going (new places, etc are the worst).

any help or advice that anyone here can offer is greatly appreciated. I'm so tired of feeling this way. I just wish I could be normal. sane.

I want my life back and I don't know how to get it back.

the only real... side effect... from the meds is that I'm tired. all the time. it's like I never get enough sleep.

anyways, like I said. help or advice is appreciated, thanks again.

Stephanie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
(male)

bflax86 HB User
Re: anxiety from early age

I think if you have anxiety anti depressants can help you learn how to cope. I dont think people need to be on them FOREVER. I was on lexapro for year. It helped me so much and I should have stayed on it. I been having anxiety issues again so, my doctor wants me on paxil. I am very nervous to take it. Just because of all the side effects it can cause. I wish somebody could put me at ease. Anyways, I think you should try and be on the lowest dose possible on any medication. Think about it, the more medications your on the more complications that they could cause....but listen to your doctor tho.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User
Re: anxiety from early age

From my experience at nearly 52 years of age and suffering from anxiety and depression all of my life (with episodes of attacks from 4 yrs of age) there is no simple solution. I think sadly for us we have had major trauma (episodes) in our lives that have effected us. I know for me mine was abuse, molestation, etc that was not dealt with at the time )(literally swept under the carpet, it was the early 60's then when it started). Today is different. I personally do not think drugs are the answer, they are a mask. I have been on and off them and from my own personal perspective it does not make a difference (for me that is). Counselling can help and finding the right counsellor will make a major difference. I have had counselling since my parent's death in my late 20's and still to this day trying to deal with my problems. I just live day to day and think the other good thing that you can do if you can is build a good network of people around you that you feel you can trust and talk to . Counsellors/psychologists all cost major money. I know I cannot afford them but I have a network of good friends. Also, look in your local paper there are quite often support groups. Good luck, life is out there somehow.

Closed Thread