It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

scoopshvl HB User
Question Anxiety caused by medication?

My boyfriend had a full blown panic attack a couple of weeks ago. We had no idea what was happening to him and it was so bad he had to go to the emergency room. I thought he was dying and he thought he was going crazy. He was having horrible thoughts and could not stop thinking about it. Our story & question is...He had a failed low back surgery 10 years ago and now suffers from chronic low back pain. Over these 10 years he has taken Percocet (sp), Soma and several different morphine medications with the most recent (taken approx 2 years now) and most effective being Kadian. We want to know if there could be a link to long term use of these med's that could cause anxiety and panic attacks? Also, what are some things he can do if he feels it coming on again so it does not lead to a full blown attack again? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread