It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
(male)

feelingok HB User
Anxiety, Bi-polar or OCD?

If you feel stressed w/ high pulses when you begin doing things upon awaking, then calm down but worry you did damage from the adrenaline surges that you awoke anxious with, can this be bi-polar or OCD causing this? It has parts of all 3. I feel upset, worried, paranoid, hypochondriacal, etc. then get agitated/nervous/neurotic & have low coping skills throughout the day. I need to apply for disability but the doc appt. isn't til Aug. I've been this way for yrs & am unemployed, after trying to go school a few times to grad school but failed/dropped/cancelled like 3-4 times over the past 5 yrs or so. I know it is a mess sounding but I'd like to help myself improve rather than stay in this situation. Thanks for your advice.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
(male)

Archimedis HB User
Re: Anxiety, Bi-polar or OCD?

Do you have real crazy ideas? Like for instance if you were married and had children and just looked at your wife and said "honey, lets leave everything and just move to Japan I know there is no reason but lets just do it." Reason I asked is I had thought that I had bi-polar and not anxiety and my pshychiatrist asked me that question. I said "no, I guess I don't have crazy ideas".....my psychiatrist said that crazy ideas are a symptom of bi-polar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
(male)

feelingok HB User

Sometimes, at night mostly, I make plans/ideas to do things like go back school or move with my g/f (to a better place or near our family, etc). But then I go to bed & awake with barely ability to brush teeth without nervousness, let alone carry any plans out. So, I guess that kinda puts me in that gray area where it could be a bit of bi-polar or just GAD?

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-03-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
(male)

Archimedis HB User

Sounds like your thoughts are somewhat thought out and don't seem off the wall. I don't think they would be considered bi-polar thoughts. I've been feeling anxious for like three days now, anxiety really sucks...., I get most if not all of your symptoms as well.

Closed Thread