It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
(male)

Kalrin2001 HB User
is all of this anxiety

I am at the end of my rope here, i have been out of work for 2 weeks and i am afraid i will lose my job. I am unable to even walk around the block...
I was diagnosed with GAD back in 2006 by a hospital, but it went away.
these symptoms have been fairly consistent for about a month.
I have been to the ER twice, and 2 doctors. waiting on a mri result for my cervical spine. I did go through a really rough time in a realtionship, followed by a tramatic event, the onset of most of these symptoms happened a week after the tramatic event, the shoulder started before hand.

my symptoms:
WEAKNESS
stiff kneecap
stiff shoulder
mild back ache
back weakness
when i walk i feel like i am going to faint
crunching in neck
tight chest
left knee cap (the stiff one) cracks consistently
fingers and wrists crack persistently.
legs feel heavy
left arm, shoulder feels week.
when i lay down my leg feels like a piece of wood.
left side of neck often gets tight
from time to time this tightness goes into my head.
left shoulder has a deep crunching, sort of like the joint is moving in the socket.
shortness of breath
muscles sometime feel like they are agitated, or on fire.
sweating at room temp.
I get numb in the shower on my left side, especially with warm water.

I cant think of anymore right now, but this seems like a lot to be anxiety, i have many people telling me it is all in my head...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
(male)

Archimedis HB User
Re: is all of this anxiety

One of the great things about anxiety is that you notice everything going on with your body. Stress will do crazy things to you, I never believed that when I was told it before but now I know it truly can. I have had relapses of anxiety brought on by stress, I have to say that many of your symptoms I have when my anxiety is running full blown. I have my bottle of lorazapam for my just in case moments. For me I found that when one test came back negative, I was looking for something else wrong with me, it was a viscious cycle. Have you made any appointments to talk to a therapist? It really helped me get through this.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
(female)

icm HB User

kalrin,well im not going to tell you its all in your head because i dont like that phrase myself,i was just dignoised with conversion disorder .i had every thing from mri to eeg to 3 day study on me by some high tech doctors bc no one could find out why i was having stroke symtoms,numbness,speech problems and the list goes on my friend lucky they caught mine within a two month span and when those drs came in and told me my mind did that because of stress i couldnt believe it but then when you really let it sink in you will start feeling better .im still having to tell my mind that its not real when something hurting headache,tingling in the feet,hot flash,even my left thumb and when i started doing that it goes away.the mind is powerful i guess i didnt know i had come to a breaking point in mine.anyway now i have to go to therapy and soon will be seeing a psyachrist when i dont know ,but im so relieved to finally know even if it was my mind.i have a long road to recovery and have to keep stress low til im able to cope again didnt even know weird huh,i really didnt.....well thats my story and this happen to me on may 27th 2010 and i found out on june-30-2010. kelly

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-02-2010 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 07-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #4
(male)

Kalrin2001 HB User

My father keeps telling me to go talk to someone, I had no idea something like conversion disorder existed, that's really interesting. i really do hope this is something like that, because living like this is really starting to bring me down :\

Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
(female)

icm HB User

kalrin,dont let it bring it down its a sickness that we dont have control of and you didnt do it to yourself so first thing now that you know someone else who shares your pain and symtoms.im still fighting it i have to tell myself when i feel weak or anything going on its not real and you try it but you really got believe it.its hard for our mind to grasp that once its gotten that far.im trying to learn everything i can about it,conversion disorder look it up and look at what it does.dont let it bring you down think postive i am now that i know im not going to die or i didnt have a stroke and my body is healthy and its my mind that needs healing im relieved,you are not alone anytime you want to cry write it here...or your frustrated with whats going on just write it here,this is such good therapy i have found.i hope i have helped you my family has been very supported through all this.... let me know if i can help.... still trying to get well myself kelly

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-02-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
(male)

Kalrin2001 HB User

that's the thing too, i really can't be sure if it is this, or something more serious, because I did not have a full medical workup, nor can i afford one.

I thank you very much for your support, and I will try to keep a positive outlook.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
(female)

icm HB User

well you first need to go have a medical check up done....to make sure you dont have any health problems ....i had to go through so many test and doctor and mri and eeg and im glad its finally over.....let me know please make an appt soon okay better safe then sorry. kelly

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-02-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread