It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
(male)

Mirdee HB User
Tremors: Anxiety or Worse?

Im only 21, a month from 22 about to celebrate it in europe. since february thru march ive been under a great deal of stress. in mid april i developed tremors, my hands, arms, legs, feet, body. now is july 1st and i still have body tremors, sometimes my feet and legs, barely noticable by anyone but me honestly. i have been on ativan for a month now but still tremors in my hands and sometimes arms. i get slight tremors reaching for something but holding a cup, fork, remote, etc. my hands shake. now its not a crazy spasm but when i feel anxious it gets worse. i dont feel anxious all the time, i dont currently feel stressed but i have tremors when i hold my hands up looking at them they shake. the ativan was great first week or so in me not feeling anxious, i was calm and careless, but still, hand tremors. its almost going to be 3 months now with these tremors most noticable in my hands and it just increases my anxiety and stresses me out that i will never be normal again like i once was. honestly 3 or 4 months ago and my entire life i didnt have them. my question is and i want an honest truth, will these tremors ever actually go away? one day will i be able to hold something or look at my hands and they wont shake? i read online a lot about tremors getting worse and no cure and i do believe i developed them because of ME, MY anxiety, MY mistake of looking up online diagnosis only to read parkinson's or ET or something incurable. im really worried if its anxiety why hasnt it gone away? i was anxious in life before too but no tremors. Again the only question I have if anyone even cares or is willing to read this and reply, do tremors go away, will they go away with time or lifestyle change or is it only going to get worse? thank you for anyone interested in helping me out. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
(female)

icm HB User
Re: Tremors: Anxiety or Worse?

hey mirdee, did you say this started with stress?i was recently just diganoised with conversion disorder.they said the cause was situational stress. my body was having a stroke but mri and eeg showed nothing.well then i had more i had numbness in my leftside i had tinging i also had shaking but doctors could never find anything to make a long story short.when they told me that my mind did these things i couldnt believe what i was hearing my mind did this to my body,and still is trying to.but now that i know what i have im trying to deal with it and i m telling my mind everyday when something hurts or im feeling it come on its not real and i feel it ease off....so now i know the doctors were right,i guess the mind is a powerful thing,if it can heal it can also make us sick...i have to try to learn to cope with stress something i didnt even know i couldnt do,i thought i had always been a strong woman all these years guess i had some breaking point still hard to take in....hope my story helps you and others .....kelly

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-02-2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

The Following User Says Thank You to icm For This Useful Post:
alwys4gvn (02-17-2011)
Closed Thread