It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
(female)

danieller HB User
Help what is wrong with me ?? Gerd or anxiety ??

I am only 27 and have been suffering with anxiety / panic attacks since i was about 12yrs old and they were always on and off usually only when i was ill as i am also emetophobic (scared of vomiting) anyway the past 9 months or so i have been suffering real bad with my anxiety and cant seem to get a hold of myself i no its basically all in the head negative thinking and that and you have to learn to change your way of thinking and yea am trying that but finding it really hard to do i just wanna cry all day and night my appitiet has gone really bad which has caused me to lose a real lot of weight and i am coming out in all spots due not to eating much....
i ahve most all symptons of anxiety and recently i started getting burning pains just below my ribs in the center and can travel to just above my belly button which caused my anxiety to go sky high but after all kinds of blood tests, ECG's, xrays and more i found nothing all came bk clear and the burse said iit sounds more like i am suffering from GERD basically i have bad heart burn / indigestion but i can eat white bread/ chocolate / pastries etc... as the pain is un-bareable and kills for hours also leaving me feeling really bloated and sore all night.. i dont sleep the last time i got in my bed was about sept 2009 i sleep on my sofa as its like am to scared to sleep so i sit up all night till 4-5am untill my eyes finally give in then am up about 7-8am i think that i wont go to bed because my anxiety came bk one night about 4am i woke out of bed felt like i was dying and ever since i have related that to going to bed so i no longer go to bed i no i have to over come this as it cant go on forever its killing me..
i have just booked a holiday for myself n my mum just a few nights in spain and now am wrried "what if i panic on the plane" i have been on so many planes before and always felt anxious but nothing serious has ever happened i think am more scared of feeling ill (which has never happened either) but i am going as i am going with an open mind (so what if i feel abit anxious i have before and made it through the flight so i will again)
its just really killing me i want my life bk i cant remember the last time i went out with my boyfriend or friends i dont really visit family either as i get there and feel anxious n wanna come straight home is there anything i can do ??

anything for motion sickness? i do have anti-sickness tablets, sickness bands etc...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
(male)

5088 HB User
Re: Help what is wrong with me ?? Gerd or anxiety ??

get an ssri like zoloft , then some xanax to hold off the anxeity until the zoloft starts working .

Old 07-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
(male)

Archimedis HB User

I have lorazapam for quick relief. It is the generic of Ativan which is an anxiety drug that relaxes your nerves. I too am scared to go to sleep at nights sometimes, I find that when I begin to drift off I get that feeling of weightlessness that scares the hell out of me. My therapist told me that when I begin to feel this way to try and imagine that I am falling into something soft such as a huge pile of leaves...corny I know but it works. If you can get some sleep I am sure you will begin to feel better again.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
(female)

danieller HB User

Right now i am on Propranolol 80mg (beta-blockers) one daily to stop the pounding heart (which i dont think is working, am also on Citalopram 20mg one daily been on for years still panicing

are xanax the same as these or can i ask my doctor for them ? to take with the tabs am on now...

i did get lorazapam of my doctor but i have left them at home as i am 300 miles away staying in my dads house for a while but am going to go the doctors down here tomorrow and see if he can give me some tablets

i am also going on a plane in 30 and keep getting anxious about going ie just incase i panic on the plane etc.. so will be asking the doc for valium etc to get me through my journey x

Last edited by danieller; 07-04-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
(female)

tinabean34 HB User

I sure hope everything goes well with your holiday. Calm down. I know it is easier said than done. I do know how easy it is to get worked up. What I have noticed and I am not a doctor is you are not on near enough medication for anxiety issues. The anti deperessant you are on is a mild one. You need something a bit stronger, so do you see a psycholigist or psychiatrist. You need to take the anti-anxiety on a regular basis maybe 2 to three times a day or maybe only when you were trying to get to sleep at night. Sleeping pills? You need to do what you need to do to make yourself comfortable and able to go out. I would first try with medication and if that doesn't work you should try to find a behavioral cognitive therapist. Those are the ones that help with issues as these. They get you out more and more, have you do exercises to work on anxiety. It's a thought, I am trying to help and I wish you the best. Prayers to you! tinabean

Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
(male)

Bball92 HB User

Go see a counselor. I remember being really bad where I couldn't really go out and if I wanted to go out after awhile I would get the urge to come home. Anyways what I did what I started talking to the counselor and she had me live my life as if it was normal and eventually over time I got over most of my anxiety and things have slowly become more real and more normal.

Closed Thread