It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
(male)

jack119 HB User
Can anxiety cause chronic pain?

Has anyone ever had chronic pain in the back and stomach from anxiety? for weeks at a time and then it just stops for weeks at a time. Please know I've had almost every test possible and eliminated any other possible thing. The pains move in my back and stomach..

Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

aleksia HB Useraleksia HB User
Re: Can anxiety cause chronic pain?

Yes, anxiety can cause all kind of pain. My sister had constant stomach ache growing up.
It is good that you got a check up to eliminate anything physical.
I don't have any advice to give you how to deal with anxiety. I have a lot of it myself and I know how draining it is. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
(female)

StaceyLee HB User

it probablly can. i recently got a sudden onset of HORRIBLE neck and back pain..out of the blue for no reason. still dunno why or what caused it but a chiro has made me feel TONS better. i also get stomach probs because it's so tense. somedays i feel like i did 1000 situps when i didnt do any.

Last edited by StaceyLee; 07-10-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Yes!! Anxiety can make you have aches all over, or pinpointed pains! They can be dull or not dull. It all depends on the person. I know when I'm anxious, I tend to tense up quite a bit. Tensing up so much can make my back hurt, and my stomach often feels bad too. I feel sick if I'm feeling very anxious and panicked. Lately I've been trying to pay attention to my body and try to not tense up. I'll stop and take a few deep breaths and relax my muscles. I also take occasional baths to relax and help soothe achy muscles. Stretching is also great too!

Closed Thread