It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

kristinj00 HB User
Red face Does anyone have all day anxiety/panic?

i have been feeling anxious all weekend for some weekend!
my heart rate has been like 90-100 all weekend and i continue to take my blood pressure to check it i have heard this makes it worse but i want to know how i'm doing. anyway, i am having money issues, fighting with my son's dad alot and just work is stressful. i am a legal assistant.
but i have had like 2 panic attacks today with my pulse up to 128! never happens. i also take thyrod meds (not a very large dosE) AND WONDERING IF THAT COULD BE Affecting my heart rate and anxiousness. like i have taken buspar tonight and benadryl and xanax - but like 8 hours ago and i still feel shaky and anxious. can t his go on an don for days off and on?
i did notice both night i got out of the house and felt better - got my mind off of it but when i get home it comes back!
anyone with some insight or felt the same, let me know please!!!! :P so sick of this crap. ha

Old 07-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
(male)

5088 HB User
Re: Does anyone have all day anxiety/panic?

I have had some pretty bad days because of anxeity , Yep it can last a big part of a day .

First thing i would do is , change your place ( fake out the mind with diffrent things to look at ).

How much xanax , for bad anxeity it takes more , I would not really up the amount with the other 2 drugs , until they wear off .

Exercise is great for anxeity , prayer is as well .

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-05-2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 AM   #3
(female)

kristinj00 HB User

i took .25 of xanax at 4 a.m. i just woke up at 6 feeling the same way. sucks! i don't think i have ever had it this bad before.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Can I ask why the benadryl? This can speed up the heartrate in some people. My son has this problem with antihistamines - some worse than others and it's crazy because even though it would also make him sleepy he couldn't sleep because he was so agitated, restless and the increased heartrate - all of this and it wasn't even the full dose he's allowed for his weight. Needless to say we don't give it to him anymore. The xanax is a low dose but I wouldn't increase it without talking to your doctor first. I know nothing about buspar though except it is also used for anxiety. Did the same doc prescribe both?

Old 07-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
(female)

kristinj00 HB User

no benadryl doesn't affect me like that - it slows me down - has never increased my heartrate. however i have been taking bit b12 supplements and noticed now i took one an hour ago and wondering if this has something to do with it? hmmmm my heartrate is 100 again - it has been okay all day - maybe i need to go to ergent care. i'm sure they wouldn't do anything though.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
(male)

5088 HB User

.25 is not going to do anything , I would <edit> do an interaction check , with the buspar .

But id take at least .50

Xanax ix excellent for the occasional outbreak of anxeity , but you need somthing stronger and longer lasting .

Zoloft might be a lifesaver for you .

Prayer works too .

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-05-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Removed disallowed website. Ms_Mod

Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
(female)

kristinj00 HB User

do you take zoloft? do you like it? i think i tried it once and couldn't sleep at all for the first week so i stopped. i think my friend has taken prozac for years and loves it. have you ever heard of anyone taking klonopin for a daily use? my friend does but my doc won't prescribe it for a daily med.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
(male)

feelingok HB User

i too had a lousy panic-ridden wkend. i was feeling better thurs. & fri., then it fell apart on sat. i spend the early day trying to calmdown then at night worry that the next morning will start it all over again. so yes, i agree, that feeling this way for a whole day does make you feel worse. but i've not used anything other than magnesium suplements or red wine. but these work only after i exercise, etc. so it still doesn't help early on in a day til a day winds down some later.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
(female)

kristinj00 HB User

do you focus on your pulse ever? mine has been like 90-100 all weekend. sooooo irritating!!!!!!! so wine doesn't make yours higher sometimes - or do you not check your pulse? i need to stop i guess.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
(male)

5088 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinj00 View Post
do you take zoloft? do you like it? i think i tried it once and couldn't sleep at all for the first week so i stopped. i think my friend has taken prozac for years and loves it. have you ever heard of anyone taking klonopin for a daily use? my friend does but my doc won't prescribe it for a daily med.

I do take zoloft , 12.5 mg , a very low amount keeps me doing good ,

Dang stuff does wreck your sleep though .

Stop taking your pulse , it is making it worse - imo

I can get off the zoloft for a week , without problems .

I had a script for klonopin 20 years ago , it seems there are better drugs these days , than benzo"s.

I think a SSRI might just work for you .

Just try them until 1 works .

Have you tried remeron ?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
(female)

kristinj00 HB User

i did try remeron years ago and gained like 15 pounds. ugh hate that about SSRIs. i don't need any help - i'm trying to lose 15 pounds. ha

Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 AM   #12
(male)

5088 HB User

Quote:
no benadryl doesn't affect me like that - it slows me down - has never increased my heartrate. however i have been taking bit b12 supplements and noticed now i took one an hour ago and wondering if this has something to do with it? hmmmm my heartrate is 100 again - it has been okay all day - maybe i need to go to ergent care. i'm sure they wouldn't do anything though.

Leave the b-12 in the cabnet , it is an ingredant in all the "energy " drinks .

Eat the best meal you can , ie- grilled chicken and steamed veggies .'

Go light on caffine , drink plenty of water .

Once the other meds clear your system , id not be scared to take .75 xanax .

Old 07-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
(male)

feelingok HB User

Quote:
do you focus on your pulse ever? mine has been like 90-100 all weekend. sooooo irritating!!!!!!! so wine doesn't make yours higher sometimes - or do you not check your pulse? i need to stop i guess.
always on pulse. i wish i didnt. go see my thread here about anxiety & heart stress/damage. it scares me to not be able to calmdown for so long daily, til later in day. this takes toll on my heart health, let alone my mind health (i could live w/ worry but not, w/ knowing the worry CAUSES heart damage & thus increases my fears, & then i chase my tail w/ more & more anxiety due to this worry -- so, it feeds itself ). let me know how you're doing.

ps - wine doesn't raise pulse (or bp as far as in my case, yet) but rather it chills me out & if i drink a glass or 2 it kind of de-stresses me. but only temporary as it restarts after going to bed calmly, only to begin when i awake w/ nerves by rushing around trying to do things. it is a messy cyle i live daily.

Last edited by feelingok; 07-06-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #14
(female)

kristinj00 HB User

oky i went to doctor today and he put me on Lexapro - and gave me a prescription for Klonopin. i too worry about my heart stress. he told me though that it is fine and i my heart can take it - as long as it doesn't beat in the higher range all the time. like over 100 - mine at doctor was 90 - i went walking/jogging over an hour ago and mine is still 100 though. pisses me off!!!! i don't feel like i'm worrying about it - but maybe taking it after exercising makes me anxious. i would think it would be down after an hour though. i don't know. i weight about 145 and am 5'4 so i'm not in the best shape right now but now obese.

i think i'm afraid of side affects too and have been reading about them which i'm sure isn't good for me. i only took 1/2 of the dose my doc started me on in case i have a bad reaction - like insomnia or really sleepy. i get anxiety about side effects of drugs i've never taken. ha go figure!

what is your hr running when worrying? i felt like all day at work it ran in the 90s - it makes me more anxious too. he also took my thyroid blood test and hormone levels to see if i may be perimenopausal.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #15
(male)

5088 HB User

Once you get to the point where you are not "hyperfocosed " on your pulse .

You will feel better .

Id reccomend "the anxeity and phobia workbook " by borne .

<edit>

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-10-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Removed disallowed website. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread