It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
(male)

MitchellH HB User
Do I suffer from Anxiety?

Hello, I'm a teenager and I've got some issues I'd like to work out. 1stly, is there such a thing as "Social Paranoia". I don't like to go out as I think that everyone talks about me, especially my friends from school - I don't go out very much because I became addicted to a game on the internet. And for a while now, every time I close my eyes before falling to sleep I get disturbing images of things in my head. Such as the girl from the Exorcist, and just generally scary faces. I also imagine that her, or something is watching me, I am also like this in the dark. Do I have an over imaginative mind? I believe that they aren't real, but I still scare myself. I just hate being like this, sometimes I have to run out of a room because I think something will be there when I turn around. And I was searching for similar symptoms when I came across this site.

Does anyone know if this is a form of OCD or some other illness? I would really appreciate it.

Mitch.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-15-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Do I suffer from Anxiety?

This can definitely be a form of anxiety! I know I have some social issues related to my own anxiety. I constantly feel like people are looking at me and getting too close to me, and I panic when this happens.

I find that the best way to deal with this is to take things one step at a time. I try my best to not completely avoid the things that make me anxious, or then I'd become a hermit! I have some agoraphobia and don't want it to get to the point where I won't go out. I try to go out places where I feel safe and generally comfortable, then branch out some. You can probably do the same.. just do things one step at a time. Be sure to make an effort to do things w/ friends and not stay home and play games TOO much, or you will get very used to never being social, which will only make things worse. Maybe you can do something low-key and relaxing, like see a movie with friends. Try to find low-stress things you can do with them that won't make you worry as much. I sometimes feel that people don't really like me, but I try to keep myself out there and remind myself that I'm probably just worrying too much!

I've had this happen with the dark and going to bed too! I honestly don't have any true way to help with this, other than just trying to do something relaxing before bed, like reading. I still don't like to look in mirrors when in the dark. I haven't been getting enough sleep and am very tired, so luckily I fall asleep pretty quickly. Don't be ashamed to use a nighlight or something or leave a small light on. You can do this for a while to feel a bit more comfortable in the area you usually sleep in. Hopefully with time, these images will stop popping up in your head. Just remember to think to yourself that it's JUST a thought and not real, and repeat this to yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
(male)

5088 HB User

A couple of things ,#1 lay the problems at the feet of god and walk off .

#2 see a good doctor and try to break the cycle , meds can help .

#3 read richard carlson"s book "you can be happy no matter what ".

#4 get some very good exercise

#5 change your diet to good foods , meat and good veggies .

You might have ocd , the good news it is not the end of the world , you can get better ,

#1 IS THE BEST TO TRY FIRST .

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-16-2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
(male)

MitchellH HB User

tUrRrRa

Thank you, this helps a lot to know I'm not alone >.<. I'm alright at school, I'm confident in front of friends or people I'm used to. However, sometimes I do feel that people are watching me and if they get close I feel as though they'll notice an imaginary problem.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-16-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 07-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

What also helps me is trying to catch myself thinking these ways. I realize I have this as a weakness, and if I recognize it as something I need to work on, it helps me remember that it's usually just ME thinking these things in my head and that it isn't really happening. I also talk to trusted people about this sometimes, like my husband. I've told others, in a light way, that I get anxious at times and don't like people too close to me. It ends up that more people feel this way too and some of them can relate! I just don't go into details with everyone, or I'd feel a little awkward !

Closed Thread