It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
(male)

goingcrazy8 HB User
Anxiety Sufferers... Check your Cortisol

It's been awhile since I posted on this board, but I fealt inclined to do so as I have just had some new tests done with some interesting results. I have been plagued for a year and a half now with a wide variety of scary, life altering symptoms. I suffer daily lightheadedness, heart palpitations or strong beats, tension in my neck and spine(centered directly behind my heart), shortness of breath, temperature intolerance, a constant feeling of shaking and nervousness and crippling panic attack amongst others. I also have what I call "energy surges" or body/head zaps as I've seen them described elsewhere except mine include my entire body. I have been through countless tests including MRI's, CT's, Heart Tests, Endoscopy, Blood Tests(Lyme, Thyroid, Vitamin, Auto Immune, etc)galore..... the list goes on and on. Up to this point nothing was found wrong with me, except a handfull of vitamin deficiences and H Pylori(Which by the way once treated seems to have fixed my stomach issues). That was until my last test came back with extremely high levels of Cortisol. My adrenal glands back in the day were dismissed after a regular CT scan showed no abnormalities. The doc seems to think the high cortisol levels are a result of all of the anxiety and I'm curious anyone else who has had this? If so, any meds to take? Did you recover after this was taken care of? I've read up on cortisol and it appears to be directly linked to anxiety. But then again almost every issue causes anxiety.... The reason I'm concerned is that my doctor said I had a false positive Lyme test and is pushing me in this direction as the issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Sit2Know HB User
Re: Anxiety Sufferers....Check your Cortisol

Three main reasons for high cortisol: Stress, pituitary or adrenal tumors. In the cased of tumors the levels will be extremely high and these are rare as chicken lips. There are no medical treatments for slightly high cortisol - beware of the Lyme trap...this is how holistic doctors buy the new Mercedes and you are not helped.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
(male)

colby88 HB User
Re: Anxiety Sufferers....Check your Cortisol

I would demand a retest for Lyme disease. If you had a false positive result, then by all means get retested. Lyme disease can cause a variety of symptoms and ultimately death if not treated.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-22-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: huge quote

Closed Thread