It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User
blood pressure

Hi Everyone,
Does anybody obsess over their blood pressure? I have been stressing over my bp for two years and I don't even have hbp. I check it all the time at groceries stores and pharmacies and it is making me crazy. I think about it all the time and feel compelled to confirm that it isn't high. My average bp is 106/74 and I am not on meds. I know it is ocd but it is really depressing me.
Can anyone relate or has anyone conquered this fear and obsession?
Thanks,
Ivy

Old 07-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
(female)

Impatient1 HB User
Re: blood pressure

Hey! I have anxiety issues and I too worry about my blood pressure. I used to just check mine occasionally and it was always fine. Well, for several months it has been running low like 93/46 or lower. This got me worried, as I was already having a ton of health anxiety anyway. Now, I've got symptoms that I don't know if they are due to low blood pressure or anxiety. When I stand up, after I've been sitting on laying for awhile, I get like dark spots or blotches in my vision for a few seconds. I haven't told my doctor, but told the counselor I'm speaking with about this. So, my homework from her - for 2 weeks, is to not take my blood pressure at all. It's been almost a week and I haven't taken it and I feel a lot better. My counselor told me, that since I know it causes me to have anxiety, not to do it. Maybe you could do the same. You're blood pressure is perfect and you have no reason to worry. If you don't take your blood pressure, you probably won't think about it as often. I know it's difficult, trust me, but it's something you can do to control your anxiety. Hope that we both are able to quit obsessing over our blood pressure! Best of luck to you!

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-25-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User

Thanks for replying and sharing your experience. I know you are right that I need to stop checking but I am in a ocd spin right now. I have been getting higher numbers lately 115/78 and I feel like if I could just get a 99/68 or something like I often do I can put the testing to rest.
I don't know, it's crazy.
Thanks.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
(female)

Impatient1 HB User

Your blood pressure is great, no worries! I've been fighting the urge, so far I've been successful to take my blood pressure - it's been six days since I last took it myself. I, however, had to go to the doctor today and got a reading of 143/94 there. It's only because I get so nervous going to the doctor and it stresses me out. It doesn't concern me that it was high because I know why - it's the low readings I'm concerned about. Oh well, it hasn't killed me yet and I haven't passed out from it being too low so it must be alright, right?. Anyway, I know it's difficult but if you could manage to stop taking yours so frequently you would feel much more at ease, I'm sure. I've honestly felt much better not knowing what my bp is all the time. Best of luck to you! Take care!

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-27-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread