It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

maritime HB User
Unhappy question

Strange Feeling in my head
This a brief description of what I've been going through and a question. I am 23 years old and have had anxiety pretty much as far back as I can remember. I was just recently diagnosed with GAD and depression and will be seeking the help of a counselor. My anxiety has never been as bad as it is at this time in my life. I am constantly on edge and nervous, I cannot sleep, I am always tired, I feel sick everywhere, I have headaches, stomache aches, panic attacks, and the worst thing of all is this strange feeling in my head( sometimes it is very suttle, sometimes it is very aggitating and anymore it is constant and will not go away!! It may start on the right side of my head and then move to the top and then move to the left or just be all over or on both sides! It is driving me crazy...I cannot focus or concentrate and all I think about is something bad happening to me. I cannot even describe this feeling really..everyone I explain to thinks I am crazy! It is aggitating, sometimes feels like a hot burning tingling sensation.) I just want my life back. I just want to feel normal again! Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? BTW I have been to the ER and had a Cat Scan and blood work done and everything came back fine. Could all these symtomns just simly be from anxiety? and if so should I do more than counseling? Should I look into getting on some meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

Impatient1 HB User
Re: question

Hey! Sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time. I too had battled anxiety for years but it got out of control after having to have surgery (gallbladder) in December. The stress of that and then having symptoms afterward lead me to believe that something was seriously wrong with me. In reality, I don't know how much of my symptoms were actually being caused by anxiety - maybe the acid reflux I was then experiencing.

I know anxiety can cause a ton of strange symptoms - and from what I've read, your symptoms could very well be due to anxiety. I too went through a stretch where I was having difficultly sleeping, concentrating, and it was really impacting my daily life. After finally getting up the courage to talk to my doctor he prescribed a low dosage of Zoloft, which did nothing for me, and referred me to a counselor. I've since been to her for 7 or 8 sessions, over the past couple months, and I think it's helped me a lot. She actually suggested that I go to a psychiatrist, for medication purposes, and called them for me. Now, I've been taking Lexapro for a month and am starting to feel some better. I still have my issues, social anxiety and health anxiety, but I'm working on it.

You are doing the right things, hang in there. I know it's rough but you can overcome this and will feel better soon. It helped me also to post on boards, such as this one, as I found there are a lot of understanding and supportive people who will share their experiences and be there for you. Going to counseling is awkward at first but it feels really good to have someone to really listen to you and not pass judgment. Hope you feel better soon! Best of luck to you!

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-27-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 07-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
(female)

maritime HB User

thanks so much for the support! I just want to feel normal again and I believe once I get on the right medicine and have some counseling maybe I will feel normal again I hope anyways...I constantly have health fears..fears of dying...its driving me nuts...I have come to the conclusion that I probably will never feel completely normal but at least maybe something will take the edge off.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
(female)

marie888 HB User

Hello,

I had a similar sensation that would creep accross my back. I felt it all the time and I worried so much that it was the start of a horrible sickness. Nothing ever became of it though. It went on for months and months and then came back in maybe 2 different episodes, each lasting a month or 2, and then went away. I will once in a while get an odd sensation but will do some deep breathing and dismiss it. I am not sure if it was my anxiety problems or a nutritional imbalance. I started taking b-complex vitamins and that was helpful. I have had so many odd symptoms from anxiety though. Right now I am having chest pains. If I didn't have my history of anxiety and associated symptoms I would definately be checking it out but since it is me it is probably anxiety related.

Marie

Old 07-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
(female)

Impatient1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritime View Post
thanks so much for the support! I just want to feel normal again and I believe once I get on the right medicine and have some counseling maybe I will feel normal again I hope anyways...I constantly have health fears..fears of dying...its driving me nuts...I have come to the conclusion that I probably will never feel completely normal but at least maybe something will take the edge off.
That's what I keep saying too, I just what to feel "normal" again - whatever that means. I just feel run-down, tired, and like something is wrong with me. A couple months ago I was having issues with chest pain which I guess was acid reflux coupled with anxiety. I still don't feel good but I don't think I'm going to again. I feel better than I did which I'm thankful for the improvement.

These things take time to see improvement, so don't expect it to happen overnight. The medication sometimes takes a month to six weeks before making a difference. I'm going to be honest with you, going to counseling is not easy but it's definitely worth it. It feels so good to have someone to talk to but at the same time I still have the fear of being judged and it's hard spilling out your life story to someone who you are just paying to listen to you. It's not like it impacts them personally all the while you are sharing your innermost thoughts and feelings. It has definitely helped me though and I plan on continuing counseling.

Best of luck to you! I hope you start feeling better soon! There are many people that know what you are going through, you are not alone.

Closed Thread