It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
(male)

feelingok HB User
Fear/hyochondria of cardiac neurosis?

I daily feel like I know I'm going to die of heart disease from this stress/anxiety causing this cascade of anxiety/depression. I have felt passively, "that it would be best to just get diagnosed now of heart problems rather than a doc tell me I'm (as was said recently still as of now, & -- we don't know really do we if I am/will die this way as MOST men will die this way& odds are vs you to beat this stat? -- if you can "will" stress to create heart dis. if you TRULY think/believe this WIL be your fate) ok".

I'd rather a doc lie to me now & say "I AM heart dis. ridden", & thus "fulfill my beliefs" rather than tell me I'm healthy. I saw a cardio doc & he claims stress & fam. hist. are my risk factors for heart @ 50 y.o. male. But I think I'm convinced that, since I'm older & narcisstic & so will not want to aging, & see myslef decline. I am convinced I'll die from heart dis. & no one can help/convince me otherwise. Is this normal?

Also, about "controlling" this from happening, me being a huge a control freak, it is best to control my own destiny rather than letting my life/nature take its course. Maybe (as my mom used say before she died) that "I'll maybe not die like that but rather get hit by a bus & die this way", etc. but -- I think it'll be heart dis. -- & I don't want to get/or ever see this diagnosis (& thus worry/stress is hurting me now even W/OUT any sign YET of heart dis.).

I'm a mess I know & sorry to say all this but hoe you guys can help/relate here & understand this.

Last edited by feelingok; 07-30-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
(male)

Vuk HB User
Re: Fear/hyochondria of cardiac neurosis?

If you have chronic stress and anxiety that doesn't mean you will get a heart disease. If heart disease runs in the family doesn't mean you will have it. As long as you take care of yourself such as diet, no smoking and therapy for anxiety, you should not worry my friend.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-02-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread