It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
(female)

tynleeci HB User
constant 24/7 lighthead!

hi, im 26 female. i have a 9 yo son and a 9 month old daughter. since the day i gave birth to my daughter i have had this constant lighthead and nausea! im not exagurating it is 24/7! then i started having skipped heartbeats? so i have been to the ER 7 times in 9 months, they have done numerous ecg's and numerous bloodwork inc 3 full blood counts, thyroid etc... i have had 2 ct chest scans and a chest x ray, lung scan, bone scan, because i have a constant ache in my chest and am currently on losec for that but i dont agree i have reflux. ive had echo scan, 24 heart monitor and a treadmill stress test.. a ct scan on my head. all clear!!!! its so frustrating because everyday now i have bouts of restricted breathing at rest, chest aches, upper back aches. my hands and feet are always getting cold and turning purple, middle fingertip gets a burning sensation at times... doc says reynauds? when in the shower my legs and feet go red/purple and certain toes go more purple. ive also had some swelling in 2 toes that have gone now and was because of the cold? but now my head seems to getting worse, the constant lighthead is still there but around 15 times a day i feel as though im getting pulled forward or backwards and it feels as though my head is heavy with pressure. i get off balance at times when walking. and every now and then i will get a electric shock feeling in my head then get real dizzy this only lasts 5 seconds and has only happened 3 times.. im currently seeing a phsychologist for everything who also says its anxiety. but i dont see how this can be causing my constant head feeling 24/7 for the past 9 months!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
(female)

tynleeci HB User
Re: constant 24/7 lighthead!

i forgot to mention i have had a constant stuffed nose for the past year or so....

Old 08-01-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

Janebobjoe HB User

Wow -- this is tough. Since you've had all these tests and seen many doctors, I know this may be a dumb question, but have they treated you for postpartum depression? Keep trying different treatments as suggested by the doctors. Do you have help with your kids, family?

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-01-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
(female)

tynleeci HB User

i dont have depression my partner helps with the kids. its just this feeling will not go away

Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
(male)

Vuk HB User

Anxiety can make you dizzy, I would see an ENT and a neurologist (despite ct scan) but anxiety can make you weirdly dizzy.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
(female)

tynleeci HB User

i see a ent doc in 2 weeks, but i dont think i can wait that long, this is horrible

Closed Thread