It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
(male)

specializedhrxc HB User
Mentally unstable... need some advice

So, some days I wake up and I feel great. I can talk to anyone, I have tons of energy, I feel motivated, and I am usually in a great mood. On days like today, I wake up feeling extremely lethargic, slightly depressed, anxious, low self-esteem, social anxiety, and more. I feel slower, foggy, my head/brain heavy, and just generally bad. My motivation to do anything almost completely disappears on days like this.

I have SOME symptoms resembling mild/moderate forms of bipolar disorder, adhd, generalized anxiety disorder, manic depression, OCD, major depression, schizophrenia, and more. I know that I am definitely ADHD, i've been prescribed adderall since I was 16 (i'm 22 now) but I barely ever take it because I dont like how it makes me feel -- even more anxious, unstable, etc. Most days I only take 5mg at the very most, but im prescribed to 30mg. Some days I dont even take it.

That being said, I don't feel like I'm mentally unstable in the sense that I would contemplate suicide, think of killing people, be emotionally unstable, desensitized to pain, think illogically, etc. but I do feel extremely 'up and down'. I exercise every day for at least an hour, my diet is great, but I have some sort of neural imbalances I do believe. These cycles come and go, but in a given month I would say at least bare minimum 10 days I feel like this, sometimes more. Very hard to cope sometimes, but I manage.

I've been prescribed to Risperdal, Klonopin, Adderall, Citalopram (Celexa), among other things at other points in my life, but I need to know what other people think would be beneficial for me to consider talking to a therapist about. I want to make sure I do my research before I talk to someone about this. Right now i'm prescribed to Adderall XR and Klonopin, and I barely take either of them.

I've heard Wellbutrin works well for people with anxiety/depression symptoms, so I might try that out since Ive never been prescribed that. I wasn't a big fan of how citalopram made me feel, and risperdal was very expensive (like $60 a month). Any other suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread