It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
(male)

thomasx HB User
Hello I have anxiety

I have anxiety all day. I am a boxer and it is related to that. But I cannot or don't want to quit because I have specific goals and until I achieve them I am not quitting. I feel anxiety throughout the day because of boxing. I try to study and do other things but it is similar to using a coat of paint to cover something rather than fixing it properly, it doesn't work because I still have the feeling underneath regardless of what I am doing. Boxing is later in the evening and from when I wake up until it is over I have a strong feeling of dread both physically (in my stomach) and mentally. Life is not nice and I do not enjoy it.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
(male)

5088 HB User
Re: Hello I have anxiety

I would almost say some anxeity is normal before a fight ?

When i did karate ,i always had alot of anxeity before a match ,or belt test .

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-14-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
(male)

thomasx HB User

No, I have anxiety all day every day I have training on and to a lesser extent every day in between. So nowadays my days are filled with dread and I do not enjoy them.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
(male)

5088 HB User

An ssri drug like paxil , zoloft ,or lexapro might help .

Prayer helps too .

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-16-2010 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-16-2010, 04:10 AM   #5
(female)

leonap HB User

Hi and why would boxing be giving you anxiety.Something that is your passion or love in life i dont suppose would be giving you anxiety.It sounds alittle like you are an over achiever.You are goal driven which is nice,but it can also be a sign of different issues going on inside of you.Sometimes we have to take a step back from ourselves and ask what the real issue is.Maybe you are putting too many demands on yourself,which in turn is taking away your enjoyment for life.And why?Ask yourself some questions.You have General anxiety it sounds like.Meds would definitely help.See a doctor and learn to slow down and enjoy life!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
(male)

thomasx HB User

It isn't my passion any more. I am doing it because I quit a while ago with a negative record (more losses than wins). I lost these fights not because of lack of skill but because I did not train hard enough. My objective is to win enough fights so that my record is positive, then I will quit.

I'm not sure about SSRI's because I would not like them to affect how hard I can train or cause fatigue. I took prozac a while ago (I wasn't boxing) and it had a bit of a numbing effect but I can't remember it too well, plus I hear you can gain weight with them and I have to weigh in at a specific weight. Also, I don't think SSRI's would get rid of my anxiety. They might decrease it a little but that is no good because I will still have a lot of anxiety. Is there anything which will basically eliminate my anxiety, dread and apprehension?

By the way, I take Propranolol at the moment and it doesn't work no matter how much I take.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #7
(male)

thomasx HB User

Nothing that will eliminate anxiety?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #8
(male)

thomasx HB User

No solution?

Closed Thread