It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
(female)

StaceyLee HB User
bad dreams

I keep having dreams about bad things happening to people. I wake up and get highly anxious because they feel SO real and I can't relax until I know they are okay. This week one was so real I actually had to call this person at the crack of dawn to make sure they were okay..which they were. Sometimes it's not even a dream but a random thought that pops in my head that gives me a horrible feeling something bad is going to happen.

Most recently I dreamed my deceased grandfather told my daughter to tell me 'goodluck at the ER on wednesday'..so of course I have a horrible feeling i'll end up there and I won't be able to relax until Wednesday is gone and I have survived it. It didn't feel like a dream..I woke up and just felt very real and unsettling. I just tell myself, the last dream didn't come true so this one won't either, but these feelings get intensely real.

I don't know when it's appropiate to worry anymore thanks to anxiety. I have bad dreams a lot and have this impending feeling of doom often. How the heck do you convince yourself that everything is fine? How do you have less realistic/bad dreams? I'm so tired of worrying over my health and thinking that I could drop dead of something at any given moment, bads dreams of being sent to the ER on a specific date don't help. :/

Closed Thread