It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

Bentleys HB User
can anxiety cause all this?

Well I have been going back and forth to the doctors, Thought I had acid reflux feeling of something stuck in my throat and they told me acid reflux, took medicine for 6 months while on the medicine and it got worse burning in mouth throat and taste buds inflamed, they did a gi scope found imflatmation but thought it was from stress, i know gi doctors dont deal with reflux in the throat, the gi doctor did a 24 hour ph probe and said no reflux, barium swallow ct scan normal.

So I asked my ent and he said that if there is now acid coming from your les sphincter then it can't get into your throat, with that said I still have burning in my mouth and tounge and throat and feel like something stuck in my thraot, so I'm wondering if anxiety can cause all this? I saw a nerologist and he thought anxiety and I'm on medication but don't notice a difference,

If anyone has any information on this it would be great to hear!!! Saw my ent last week and my throat and mouth burning and he said lets take a look with the symptoms I'm having if it is lpr largernal reflux then we should see something said i looked ok,I hope it is anxiety so I can move forward and fix this anyone been through something like this please help!!! Been tested for food sensativites blood work normal, my ent said his 24 hour probe showed little acid in throat but he said you should not be getting worse when your on 2 ppis a day and a zantac, so he said sometimes there a false posative test with his probe and that Gi doctors test are more accurate, like I said he said if it is not coming past your les lower esphougus sphincter then it can get up to your ues upper esphougus sphincer !! some please have some answers for me

I'm going crazy I just want to feel normal again!!! I had my tonsills out and the feeling went away for 3 months, so It does make since that it could be anxiety!! Thanks for your help sorry for the long post!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread