It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

zeppelinhead86 HB User
Unhappy Anxiety Symptoms

I have posted about my anxiety and depression in this forum before, but lately they've been horrible again so I'm just reaching out because I can't be the only person in the world to feel like this. I feel SO alone, because my boyfriend and family members tell me to stop worrying and they can't fully understand what I'm going through. Telling me to stop worrying is like telling me to stop breathing -- it just can't be done.

I recently contacted a therapist because my anxiety and feelings of panic have almost completely incapacitated me. From what I've read about panic attacks, they seem to come on suddenly and do not need to be triggered by anything. I'm different, because my panic is always triggered by bad things happening or when things don't go according to plan. My panic can last for days, too. During these extended episodes the feelings of fear, anxiety, and panic go up and down, but they're always there. In the past, I was able to be more easily comforted during these episodes, but lately nothing can stop my feelings of dread, doom, fear, and sadness. The physical symptoms I experience during my episodes are rapid heartbeat, numbness in limbs, hot flashes, and tightness in my chest. I recently had a plethora of tests done at my doctor's office to make sure my symptoms weren't being caused by something medical. They even did a test to see if I'm releasing an abnormal amount of stress hormones, but everything turned out normal.

I'm rambling. The point is, I feel like an abnormal freak and I CONSTANTLY worry about so many things. I feel so overwhelmed and like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
(female)

Bentleys HB User
Re: Anxiety Symptoms

I know how you feel, anxiety can cause so many things that we would not think is anxiety are you on any medication? Take a deep breath I know sounds easier than done!! Do you talk to a counsler? I have been dealing with anxiety for so long burning mouth thought it was acid reflux, turned out not to be, have the feeling of something stuck in my throat, have you ever had that? I know it comes out of no where today i had one hang in there you will figure it out!!! if you ever need to talk let me know!! Family does not understand cause they don't know how we feel just keep telling them and tell them you need them to be supportive!!

Last edited by Bentleys; 08-18-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Closed Thread