It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Celexa or the Generic? I so appreciate each and everyone of YOU!

I have been on The Generic Celixa for five days so far, and take it usually around 7-8 at night. I am having a hard time getting out of bed early like normal.

This is only on 10mgs, eventually I am to move up to 20mgs.........so far this is the only thing I have seen as a side effect, except one night ....night sweats, but so far OK.

Is this normal, and will it go away? I am a bit achy took, but just too some alieve for that.

I just don't want the weight gain, still trying to work out, just feel a bit sluggish til I get moving............please tell me this will pass. Not even a week yet, so I will be positive on this one after many that did not work......

I am not giving in to this crappy illness.........life is too short................

Please advise and hopefully good things about this medication.

Thank you for ALWAYS listening to me...........you all are my godsend.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by himmylover; 08-19-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Wink Re: Celexa or the Generic? I so appreciate each and everyone of YOU!

Hello there.

I had been on celexa for almost one year... and finally tapered off of it back in Feb. I initially took lexapro and it didn't seem to have worked as well as celexa did. When I say celexa - I mean citalopram. I did take the generic of celexa. It worked wonders for me. Not to say there weren't some wacky side effects with switching over and adjusting dosages - but it finally worked.

I did gain a little weight - but overall it was a good thing for me because I had lost way too much before taking any medication (I looked emaciated... pretty much... well not that bad.. but I looked too skinny and scrawny).. now Id like to exercise a little so I can get rid of the extra weight that I also put on from no longer being vegan... the cheese did me in man. =) But anyway..

I pray that your use of this medication helps. It helped me through hell and got me back into focusing on life rather than on my 8,000 non-sicknesses. There were some side effects - I got tightness in the face and head and some insomnia - but overall it went away within a week or two. I never really had a problem with being excessively tired on it... because I have always been excessively tired anyway... but it really did wonders for my panic disorder.

I still have my celexa left over from when I stopped taking it... it reminds me that if I ever need it again - I will be sure to use it because it is there for a reason. Luckily I did not have to take it as long as some folks and am blessed that my faith had gotten me through some rough times as well.

Lately I have been feeling pretty crummy (passed few days some anxiety has been coming on and not sure why) but hopefully it will pass.

Good luck - and God Bless you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Re: Celexa or the Generic? I so appreciate each and everyone of YOU!

I also forgot to mention - I was intially on 10 mg - then went to 15 mg - then to 20 mg and tapered down over a period of a month from 20 to 2.5 mg (the doc said I could come off at 10 mg.. but I thought they were nuts...) -

I also took it in the beginning 10 mg in the morning... then when i went up to 20 mg i went 10 mg in the AM and 10 mg in the PM so I wouldnt feel drowsy but then I switched it all together to take it at night so the next morning I wouldn't have to deal with extra sleepiness if it did occur. =)

Old 08-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: Celexa or the Generic? I so appreciate each and everyone of YOU!

Thank you sooooooooo much............I hope I don't gain much on this, for I have been trying to keep weight off.

We shell see........did you gain on the Lexarpro? Was it much..........it just worries me..........but I will continue to exercise, and hope this kicks in soon.

I hope you get to feeling better yourself, it is people like YOU that make this site an inspiration.

Thank you kindly......

Closed Thread