It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
(female)

Kaybug HB User
Angry Sick of these attacks

I am so tired of having these attacks when I get into my car to drive. I can go days without this, and then days where I cannot get some things off my mind, and go to drive and WHAM! Can't breathe, feeling like I have to get home to feel safe, yada, yada!!!! Just needed to vent. Been dealing with this for years now, still can't break the cycle, it is very frustrating!! Thanks for listening

Old 08-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Re: Sick of these attacks

I'm with you sister. I have had these terrible attacks the passed few days again. Not really sure why, but hope they will pass. I have not had an issue with these in a long while. I used to be on medication and took myself off after about a year... felt good since Feb.. had minor spats here and there.. but the passed week has been like going to hell on me. Its awful. You will get through it though. Just know they will pass and you will be fine in the end. God looks out for all of us - I know I use that as my reassurance. =)

Take Care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
(female)

Kaybug HB User

Thanks! I know this will pass, it has for the time being, but still, when your in the midst of one while driving, it makes me so mad!! Scares me still, I am tired! I do take medication, but sometimes my thoughts about a sick grandchild, or something else, will spark and I cannot seem to let go.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-22-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
(female)

nannywiz2010 HB User

I am 72 and Have had these problems along time ago, but it is the start of deeper anxiety problems if you don't get help with this. You would probably get a light anxiety pill at first to make you feel better. Most of the time these don't go away and with me I got so that I didn't want to be left along or I didn't want to leave home. Good luck

Old 08-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
(female)

Kaybug HB User

Thanks Nannywiz,

What has helped you keep going in the midst of one? I do take medication and clonipan and have had help, but sometimes It still takes awhile to calm down

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-22-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
(female)

Jennyjel84 HB User

I think it may help if you try to find something to calm you down when you do have the anxiety attacks. If they come on while your driving get off the road safely park in a parking lot get out of your car and just walk around for a little while and breathe.

If the attacks are related to driving i think it will help to just stop the car get out and take a short walk until you calm down. Keep a bottle of water with you and drink it while your out on your walk it may help calm you down.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
(male)

dale2035 HB User

Hi,Kaybug, Your attacks are very inconsiderate, aren't they? Operating your vehicle when you obviously need to go somewhere...and the attack joins you for the ride...making for an unsafe condition. Things you do to deal with attacks probably take more time and a more conducive situation. Are you aware of anything different on the times when you don't get hit with the attacks? I suppose you have gone down that road of analysis. Hang in there.
Dale

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-23-2010 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread