It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

loveablegina99 HB User
My anxiety is ruining my life!

Hi , I am a 30 year old new mother and i have severe anxiety and panic disorder. I try to tell my family how i feel but they think i am overeacting. They just dont know. My panic attacks get so bad that i think i am dying. I try to calm myself down before it happens but I cant. I dont go anywhere anymore except to my parents and my dr appointments. My dr put me on zoloft but I feel as if I am not on earth when I take it. When I have a anxiety/panic attack I start screaming and crying begging someone to take me to a mental facility for help but after I the attacks end i am very embarrassed. I have called 911 because i feel as if i am dying when these attacks happen. I am dizzy all the time and I am very shakey. I even get tingling sensations in my head now and my body feels like its shaking so bad inside. I am a new mother and I feel as if I am not doing a good job due to my attacks. I cant play with her like i should because i get so dizzy. I love my child more than life and it hurts not being able to be the best mom ever. I was told I would never have children so this is my miracle baby. I do worry alot about my child and other things. I get bad feelings and think the worst. I try to control it but I cant its taking over me. I got on here to talk to people who is where i am because if you have never had one of these attacks noone knows how they feel. They are scary and I hate the way I feel afterwards. I hope to make new friends here and people who i can talk to for support.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-26-2010 at 06:18 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to loveablegina99:
Verytiredmom71 (02-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
(male)

SadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB User
Re: My anxiety is ruining my life!

First of all congratulations on your daughter! I am so sorry you are having these issues, I have no idea your exact situation but I am also feeling shakey and miserable. It sounds like you are having major panic attacks from being a new mother. I am not a doctor and i have no idea if those reactions are typical but i can tell you that I have had similar attacks and it is all i can do to get out of bed. Do you have anyone that can help you with your daughter?

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-27-2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 08-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
(female)

Memo381 HB User

I am very familiar with anxiety as I have had panic attacks before. But, I want to make sure your dizziness is anxiety-related and not related to low blood pressure or something physically wrong. Many people with dysautonomia are misdiagnosed with panic disorder.<edit>

If it is, indeed, panic and not a physical ailment you must take one day at a time and not over-extend yourself. Dealing with panic is something that must be practiced and learned. What helped me was to immediately drink some cold water, go to a room by myself where no one was watching me or judging me, and sit on the floor. I'd keep telling myself, "You are okay, this will pass. You've had this before and it always goes away." I always prayed the good Lord would help me and He always has.

Instead of screaming and drawing attention to your panic, go in the bathroom and lock the door. Run cold water over your hands and splash your face. Lay in the floor if need be... just get alone and don't draw attention to it. When I'd draw attention to a panic attack, it seemed to exacerbate it.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-30-2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Old 08-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
(male)

IC10 HB User

Do not go to a mental facility you will forever regret that decision (Unless your hearing voices or seeing things). I had anxiety and panic attacks for 2 months before going into a psych ward (Was convinced i was losing my mind literally). They gave me almost every psych medicine under the sun. My physicial anxiety has ceased but now i'm left with mental anxiety (constantly wondering if i'm normal and in the present moment).

Read the book by paul david "A Life At Last" He is all you need to fight this beast.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-30-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Re-worded so that post didn't violate the posting policy. Ms_Mod

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
(female)

Verytiredmom71 HB User

First and foremost: this is not your fault. Second, finding the right meds is not as easy as it seems: we each react differently and finding what suits you involves regular check-ups and possibly trying a few doctor supervised combinations. Third, Pills alone will not give you all the tools for anxiety: cognitive behaviously therapy will greatly help. Fourth, your diet is very, very important. Look it up. Ex rich in omega-3, no sugar, no cafeine, very little alcool, etc...Fifth, learn hoow to meditate and do so a few minutes evryday. Sixte, lactic acide build-up is linked to anxiety. The only way to rid of it is to move: walk, dance, with you baby for more fum! please give yourself a break: you didn't do anything wrong. This happened and you are taking care of it. Once you start feeling better, you will see the very, very deeply hidden blessings in this: acute compassion, better choices towards your happiness, healthier habits that will positive impact your life

Closed Thread