It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

JoanneM HB User
What is my problem???!!!???

I have had this problem on and off for years now. I am 27 years old and i think i might have an anxiety problem. I have periodic episodes where i feel that a dark cloud has descended on me, that there is no point to anything and i have no interest in anything. This can last for up to two weeks. Eventually the dark cloud lifts, but the feelings are always in the background, almost waiting to show again. Last year i was at university, in another country, away from home. I was OK for the most part, i never really took to the place though. But when i returned to uni after the Christmas break, that's when everything kicked off. The dark cloud, feeling of utter loneliness, of not knowing what to do, feeling of being trapped. I would start crying, unable to stop and i also suffered several panic attacks. I decided to leave that uni and return home. Now i am a few days away from starting another course at a college much closer to home and am again experiencing the same problems. One minute im ok and i'm gona go for the course, the next tension and fear build inside me and all i want to do is run away and have nothing to do with the course. Am i going mad, because i feel like i am!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: What is my problem???!!!???

No, I wouldn't say you're going "mad," but I would encourage you to talk to someone about your problem--perhaps a counselor or a therapist, since it seems to be interfering with your getting where you want to go in life. You sound like a smart person, and you ought to be able to be successful in school without having to deal with these feelings. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
(male)

OrdealByFire HB User
Re: What is my problem???!!!???

You didn't state whether or not you were on any medication. In the instance that you aren't, I would maybe recommend talking to a doctor about it. Don't be shy - anxiety/depression medication, as you may know, is the most often prescribed medicine in the United States today... so it is really quite common. To be honest, I feel the same way, to a lesser extent, all the time. But I hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread