It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
(male)

Bball92 HB User
Advice for Anxiety..

Hey everyone..

Well basically this is how it goes..<edit>

I'm 18 years old and I'm just starting college.. I've done a lot more partying and goofing off than I'm used to over this summer.. And one day I was drunk <edit> Now hear me out. It's been about a month and I'm still having anxiety and anxiety attacks.

My anxiety attacks are mostly short-lived but they do end up ruining my day for the most part. My heart will start racing, breathing sometimes gets a little tight.. not always and I think that I have something wrong with me that's going to kill me.. ex heart condition, blood clot in the brain. (I'm tall and skinny and very athletic) I would've died if I had any of those because of how much I exert myself.

The first thing I did was realize that I needed to go talk to a professional to see what was going on.. This anxiety thing was really new to me and I didn't know how to cope so I was really losing sleep over it. At the same time I was cutting caffeine out of my diet because it made me feel much worse whenever I had any.

For two weeks I was not sleeping well and I was having awful fleeting headaches which eventually went away and now I only get regular headaches when I sleep on an uncomfortable surface such as a couch or a really soft pillow. But anyways I kept thinking I had some serious brain condition because of how long they lasted.

Anyways I saw a counselor once which really didn't help much. But there is a hotline that I can call at any time that really helps me out because they explain why I'm feeling the way I am.

But anyways what I want to know is how hard will getting back to my old self be when I... have a good family and friends supporting me, seeing a counselor, and have motivation to get better.

It just seems like whenever I have a set back I don't know what else I can do. Any tips besides relaxation techniques?

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-06-2010 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread