It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
(male)

DethHed HB User
Hello! This is my first post, need advice, please.

I have general and social anxiety disorders, and have been given a lot of meds over the years, with little to no improvement. Right now I'm on Klonopin only, but have just been given Abilify(Haven't taken it yet). Others I've been on have been Celexa, Trazidone, Buspar, Paxil, Zoloft, etc... Right now I still have in my possession the Klonopin and Abilify. It seems like the Klonopin makes me incredibly depressed, yet helps with the anxiety a bit. So my question is, is there some sort of "cocktail" that I should ask my Dr. about? I'm also wondering why I have been given so many anti-depression meds to battle anxiety. It seems to me like I should be going down instead of up. Sorry so long, but I'm new to this site and thought I'd put a bit of info out there. just want to enjoy life. Please help!

Old 09-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: Hello! This is my first post, need advise, please.

I'm obviously no expert on this stuff, but maybe anxiety and depression tend to go hand in hand. As you say, I can understand your being given a prescription for a drug like Klonopin (I take that myself), since it is supposed to "calm the nerves." You don't say, but have you been receiving any psychotherapy--or are you just taking medication? It seems to me that maybe some "talk therapy" could be useful, too.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
(male)

tony1527 HB Usertony1527 HB User

it takes time for the brain to heal itself.hang in there,i wouldnt take the abilfy,you go down that road theres no coming back.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
(female)

The1thtgotaway HB User

I don't know if the medicines are causing depression, but I just started getting panic attacks, and I am severely depressed. I force myself to eat, I can't get out of bed (I've been literally watching Tennis for hours, which I think also give me panic attacks), and I also force myself to go to the bathroom. I mean I literally would rather not go to the bathroom. So, I agree, I think depression goes hand and hand with anxiety/panic attacks.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

hi there my name is rose i only joined this message board about 2wks ago and it seems to have helped me some just being able to chat with others.i to am on and have been on a cocktail of meds. the drs. have had me on so many meds i can't even write them on this page.try the abilify they added it to my meds last month and i can tell a little difference.i know how hard it is to feel down SO much because i have days i don't even get out of bed.it does make one wonder if you are ever gona feel like your old self and what normal is and how do you get there.try to hang in there TAKE CAKE write me ANYTIME i'm usually alone at all times so i hangout on my computer.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-13-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

I am also on abilify. It might help if you got off the Klonipin as it is a depressant. Ask your doctor about clonidine. It is a blood pressure med that is used for anxiety. It works and you won't feel the euphoric effects of the Klonipin.

Closed Thread