It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
(male)

QZZ HB User
please help

Hey Guys,

I have been mostly anxiety free for 3 years but a week ago i woke up with a really bad case of it and it has spiraled from there. I went on vacation with my family for a week and i was depressed and anxiety ridden the whole trip.

The anxiety seems to be at its worst when I wake up in the morning. I have only been getting a few hours of sleep the past few nights because I am woken up with anxiety. I take xanax to try and calm myself but it doesnt really seem to do that much. I am on zoloft and have been since my first attack 3 and a half years ago.

The main thing that bothers me is I do not feel like myself, if that makes sense. Like I do not feel like me at all. Usually I am happy and caring and love my family and friends and want to live life. But now I just get weird thoughts like is my family really my family or are they strangers. I know rationally they are my family, but my anxiety makes my mind freak out. Like I feel like I switched bodies with someone and this life is fake or something. I dont know if this makes sense but it is suh a scary thought because I am and always have been extremely close to my family. I am 30 now and have a fear of loosing my mind. Even when I get a few minutes of anxiety free moments I still feel the weird emotions and I know its a matter of time till the anxiety hits again.

I have always battles Pure O ocd with intrusive thoughts, which is another factor, but I know this is the wrong section to post that.

I just thought I was finished with this monster and now its back. I just want it to end.

Can anyone relate to these thoughts I have?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
(male)

5088 HB User
Re: please help

How much zoloft ?

It might take 100 mg or more ,

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-12-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
(female)

sunset beach HB User

OZZ,
Stress can trigger any type of mental episode. Have you been stressed out over something. And, do you take your medication regularly? If you missed a dose it can mess your body up. There is no long term cure for anixety and OCD. When I feel weird - I think about my family and I try to decrease my stress. I do breathing sessions and I "self talk" to myself. I try to counsel myself. It is great to talk to someone but therapy can be expensive. Try to relax and tell yourself - it will get better. And I often say, It could always be worse.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
(male)

QZZ HB User

hey guys,

thank you so much for the replys. It helps knowing im not alone. I am on 100 mgs of zoloft and have been for years.

3 and a half years ago i had gotten my first real anxiety spike, didnt know what it was and thought i was going insane. my doctor assured me it was just anxiety and 3 months later i was anxiety free again. I have been on zoloft daily since then.

last week i drank some vodka and tequila the night before...not a lot... just enough to get buzzed... i should mention i do not drink and that was the first time i was buzzed/slightly drunk in many many years. the next day i woke up with horrible anxiety and instantly took 1mg of xanax before it got bad. it helped and the rest of the day was normal with no issues at all. i did not even think about the episode. I went to bed like any other night and the next day i woke up again with horrible anxiety... again took 1mg of xanax and left for vacation with my family and the rest of my day was good. then the next day i woke up again with it and this time it stayed with me all day and it hasnt gone away since. that was a week ago.

The anxiety i can deal with for the most part i guess. it is the scary thoughts that come with it. like, im not me, or i dont love my family, or i want to hurt them or i will never get better, or i will end up insane.

Now i would never harm anything. i try not to even hurt bugs, i usually free them rather then kill them. But these thoughts are here and they hurt me to my soul. I worry i am changing personalities into someone else and can never get back to me. if that makes sense.

Closed Thread