It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
Does anyone feel like something's stuck in the back of your throat?

I also get the "lump" in my lower throat feeling, but I've learned to deal with it. This is different than that. It's up high. Last week it started, where it feels like right in the very back of my tongue there is something there, this sounds gross, but like if you have phlegm your trying to get out...? So I'm constantly trying to swallow something that won't go down. I'm super scared. I have chronic anxiety and take Lexapro for it, but I was finally able to get off it 2 months ago and felt decent. Then my anxiety came back with a vengeance so I started the Lexapro up. I also have chest pains, heartburn, etc. I plan on calling my Dr. tmrw but I'm sure she'll tell me it's from my anxiety.
I guess I'd just like to hear if anyone else has suffered from this. I know I've had many other symptoms from my anxiety, so this could be one, but I've got "tumor" running through my mind.
Thanks everyone, Michele

Old 09-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
(female)

tulum HB Usertulum HB User
Re: Does anyone feel like somethings stuck in the back of your throat?

You don't have a tumor

Did you drink hot coffee/tea or eat something hot that may have burned your throat

that has caused it for me

I don't know

hope you feel better soon

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-13-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
(male)

5088 HB User

I felt like that for 20 years , anxeity , thought i was dying , ect .

You are okay , just blow it off if you can , its tough , i finally got to the point where id exercise and die -or recover .

Im still here .

!@#$#%$%%^^ anxeity it will wreck you if you let it ,fight back .

I decided if its going to kill me ,its better than living in fear ,if im dieing ,lets get it on '

Did not die ...............

Old 09-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
(male)

pezerinno HB User

I think this is called globus if I remember correctly. I suffer from this all the time.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

It could be a couple of different things. What comes to mind to me is some silent reflux, which gives you the lump feeling and mucus in the back of the throat, allergies which can cause that with drainage and anxiety. I have all 3 and have seen doctors for all that. I even had a cat scan of my throat in June because of the lump. Nothing was there ..praise God. But they did tell me you can get that sensation from acid reflux and of course anxiety. Try to put your mind at ease. See your doctor just to confirm and then treat those things. Take some reflux med if you need it and find relaxing things too do. I know how you feel it scared the heck out of me. But it is actually quite common.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
(female)

OPossum HB User

Hi it is most prob'ly actually some food caught in your tonsil; tonsils are a filter for things that should & shouldn't go down your throat... I used to get this happening when I was young - try googling tonsil & crypt...

Closed Thread