It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

sls1 HB User
Health Anxiety

I am glad to find out after reading many posts that I am not the only one in the world with continous crazy thoughts about getting cancer (a different type practically everyday). After a seeing a therapist for health anxiety and being advised to stop researching the internet for every little ache & pain (they all lead to the big C word) and having practically every single part of my body examined and seen throught xrays and cat scans - I still cannot get over these fears. I am so busy worrying about dying that I feel I am missing out on living. It's ongoing joke all the time that I am "off to the dr's again" or "what disease do you have today" but my fears are real and I hate that they consume me. I am going to Dr's tomm. cause I have been having abdominal and back pain and some irregularities that upon research have led me to believe that I have Colin Cancer.
I have a great life, wonderful husband, great kids and I HATE that this consumes me !!!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

taulua HB User
Re: Health Anxiety

Do you have OCD?

OCD drives my anxiety and I too have Health Anxiety. I am getting the OCD under control and the anxiety is lessening, also have been able to stay out of the docs office for 6 weeks now (a record for me).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
(female)

sls1 HB User

I do not have OCD and have a clean bill of health overall with the exception of kidney stones (not bothersome never knew they were there til showed up on one of my random scans) and a gallbladder polyp. I am just so upset because I felt that my health anxiety was healed stayed off the internet for awhile and out of the DR's (though the little thoughts were in the back of my head at times). Now I feel it is coming back with a vengence!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-16-2010 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
(male)

Bball92 HB User

Anxiety can cause OCD behaviors.. It doesn't mean that you have OCD.

But anyways, during anxiety you go through a lot of stress and this stress is going to give your muscles aches and pains all over your body. I personally have this same type of anxiety. I have a lot of thoughts and concerns about my health. After awhile it just gets old.. You tell yourself if there was something seriously wrong with me, it'd probably would've had some sort of complication that would've been noticeable. As time progresses you learn how to comfort yourself in a way that helps with your anxiety.

Take a good look at your family, think about what they mean to you and tell yourself that you'll get over it for them.. give yourself some motivation.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-16-2010 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #5
(female)

sls1 HB User

Thank you BBall I am trying. My family is my motivation - I DO need to get over it for them .... you're right. My husband always says "In the very worst case scenerio one of your fears was real,we would get throught it". I think after speaking with my doctor today about my present fears and symptoms I am hoping to receive some comfort that it all is just part of my anxiety- then time to move on.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
(male)

Bball92 HB User

Yeah it gets easier with the proper motivation. I'm only 18 and I have this but my motivation are my two young cousins who mean the world to me and they both look up to me and I don't want them to know me as their "sick" cousin.

Closed Thread