It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
(male)

AndRenner HB User
Please back up my self-diagnoses

I am a 20 year old male, healthy until July of 2008 after a 4 day hospital stay for knee surgery. Since i was released my life has changed drastically. If anyone can help me with a diagnoses or any advice i would much appreciate it. It seems as if doctors brush me to the side saying im fine, however my daily life now, is not nearly as simple/enjoyable/easy as it was before the accident.

Before i was hospitalized i was a normal teen. I could travel anywhere with 2 mins notice, eat anytime, fully independent, do anything, felt great all the time, worked out, and was motivated. Since being in the hospital my life has been anything but normal.

My problems started in class my senior year(i graduated 09), i would be sitting in a classroom when i would get super hot, the class would kind of spin then stop, i would feel like i was in a movie, then just be super nauscious and shakey. I would leave and come home where i would feel better within an hour. I made it through my senior year with it only being a small interruption. Well the past year it has made its presence well known.

These are my current day to day symptoms: nauseous, hot flashes, derealization, shakes, palpitations, headaches, confusion, shortness of breath, mind goes blank, no energy and fatigue, and my neck gets sore half way through the day. I always just feel up tight, baths are the only place i can relax. WWhen i lay down to relax i cant just sign and get comfortable like i use too. On multiple occasions i have woke up with a pulled back, leg, or arm, however i did no physical excersize the day before. I can go from feeling fine to in the snap of my fingers feeling like complete death. If i see a tragic accident or even get startled sometimes it triggers something that gives me horrible derealization and nauseous. I rarely have an appetite at any point in the day, eating has become a chore. Night time is my feeding time. At night i usually cant fall asleep until the really late hours, no matter how tired i am. I sleep straight through the night not waking up once, and if i remember anything its usually a bad dream. I also clinch my teeth at night.

Rarely, i will feel like i have the worst hangover of my life. I will be sick to my stomach. Throw up, trembling, and all the above symptoms. I literally stuck in bed sick, but with no fever or virus. When im home alone, im not sure why i get super nervous, even though i wanna have friends over and have fun i end up getting sick.

I believe all of this is caused by some sort of sub-conscious anxiety from the hospital stay. I have had numerous blood tests, seen a GI doc, hd a ultrasound of my lower intestine, and been checked for GERD, all coming back healthy. Can anxiety really cause me to get so sick?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Note: i smoked cigarettes for 2 years, been 32 days clean off them. Dont drink alcohol or smoke marijuana.

Another thought, id rather stay home than do anything. If i do go out, i have to drive so that i know im in control. I havnt been on any vacations cause i am nervous to leave. When i did travel 2 hours away to stay one night in a hotel with 3 buddies, i felt horrible the whole day and ended up coming home.

Last edited by AndRenner; 09-17-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
(male)

Bball92 HB User
Re: Please back up my self-diagnoses

The body can be healthy but the mind can make you sick.

A lot of the things you've said I can relate to in one way or another but what you need to know is that Anxiety is a sickness. A sickness that you can beat and can get over with the proper treatment. Call your local mental health clinic, or county mental health clinic and see if you can get a counselor. They are great and give you tips on how to get through whatever you're going through.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
(female)

leashalou03 HB User

I can relate to some of what you said as well. And I have asked people myself that same question, can anxiety and panic really make me physically sick and everyone keeps telling me yes. There are times where I can't breath, my chest hurts, my head hurts, I'm shaking, heart palpitations, my stomach gets upset, I end up in the bathroom with bowel issues, I feel out of it, feel like i'm going to die or something, parts of my body get tingly or numb, my eyes hurt, and I get dizzy all at once. I hate it! It scares me so bad which then just makes things worse. It's just hard to believe that something people are saying is all in my head can make me physically ill. But it does and at times I feel like no one believes me. And a lot of times this is an every day thing. Sometimes I can go a day or two with no huge issues but most of the time it's everyday.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
(male)

dduff HB User

I had many of the same symptoms you have. They began out of the blue one night while exercising. It continued for more than a year, over 50 doctor appointments without a diagnosis. Then I tried the local chiro and naturopath who diagnosed it as adrenal insufficiency instead of anxiety. He said it frequently mimics anxiety. He put me on a bunch of concoctions for adrenal exhaustion and, lo and behold, I am now better.

I am still extremely skeptical that he was correct but at this point, after feeling better, I don't really care.

Just my experience.

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-02-2010 at 04:04 AM.

Closed Thread