It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User
Just had dreadful experience!

About an hour ago I was driving on my way to town to drop my 17yr old to the cinema. On the way I got this 'turn', not like a normal panic attack, I know what they're like.

I felt dizzy, weak, sweaty, heart racing, couldnt concentrate, then for the first time ever it felt like someone had their hands around my throat and also pressure in my chest. My nose was tingling and then I had some tingling in my fingertips. I really thought I was going to die. I had to pull over and my poor daughter looked so scared. It passed after a few minutes ,though I was still shaky but I drove on to drop her at the cinema. Poor girl kept asking me if I was alright, I had said I just felt a bit dizzy.

This was the most awful experience I've ever had. I've had anxiety for a few years and I hate the usual panic attacks, but this was sooooo frightening.

I have low iron and had a blood test done today to see if tablets are working.I am under quite a bit of pressure at the moment (dad in hospital)and also don't get any exercise due to fatigue from low iron and Fibromyalgia.
Can anyone tell me if low iron would cause this terrible 'turn' I just had or could it all REALLY be caused by anxiety. Hard to believe something so physical could just be anxiety.

Could really do with some advice.
Thanks

Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Just had dreadful experience!

Better call the doc's office and tell them what happened. It could be prelude to a stroke or heart attack. Don't just play this off as an anxiety attack altho' it could very well have been. The episode could also have been related to your fibro but why not just give the doc's office a call and see? You may need a EKG. Sincerely, searchin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #3
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User

Searchin,
Thanks for your reply. Of course with my anxiety, I immediately though 'heart attack' but I've often seen messages here where said people said their anxiety attack was so bad they went to ER thinking it was a heart attack but were told it was anxiety.

I had something like this 'turn' a couple of months ago but not quite as bad.And I'm very used to the usual type of panic attack, but never had to pull over on the road before. Has anyone else had a panic attack this bad or should I really be worried, which of course won't help my anxiety LOL.

Thanks.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

It could be related to the Fibro. Fibro and anxiety-bad combo. Are you sure it was just a bad anxiety attack? Better safe than sorry! Good luck. I am sorry your dad is in the hospital. Chidren and a sick father, you are stressed...

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-24-2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules don't use "U" instead of your or "R" instead of are. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread