It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2003, 08:06 AM   #1

bpatrick HB User
Post A PLANT SAVED ME

Well actually I believe God saved me. Iím Christian and pray and trust. He put the plant idea into my head. Well hereís how a plant saved me.
I work in an office and a very vocal woman sits behind me in such a way that she can see directly into my cubicle. Well over the past year or so she has ridiculed me publicly and voraciously for everything ( and I mean everything) I joke about or talk about. I wonít go into all the details of it as itís a long story. But to make a long story short I ended up having a hard time breathing and the feeling that I was having heart attacks. She sits in such a manner that she can see into my cubicle and everything I do. It has caused me tremendous anxiety. My boss wouldnít move her. ( He likes her). I had gone to an emergency doctor over a weekend (as I couldnít breathe or sleep and was having heart attack symptoms) and tried Zanaz or whatever and decided I couldnít take the stuff. I couldnít sleep and it didnít seem to do any good. A few days later I had just visited my doctor for my anxiety and went by a plant store and saw a large plant. I bought it and a plant stand. I put the plant on a stand in my cubicle blocking her view of me. It worked. It took away my anxiety. I could breathe and wasnít feeling like I was having heart attacks whenever she was in the office. She only works 2 days a week. Recently a watering lady called Facilites and Planning and asked if my plant was an office plant she needed to water. They came by and looked at the plant. A co-worker informed me of this. I called them and they told me my plant violated office regulations. I talked to the guy and explained to him the problem. He was very sympathetic. I emailed him the explanation of everything so he could convince his bosses to allow the plant to stay. I also got a note from my doctor. The Facilities guy came by and got the doctorís note and said he thinks the note would do the trick. So far so good. Iím praying desperately that the plant can stay.
I thought this story might help someone. It amazes me that simply blocking her view of the back of my head takes away my anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 09:04 AM   #2

Jacklyn HB User
Talking

Thank you for sharing that inspiring story! God is so cool in the ways He works to help us!

Old 10-01-2003, 11:24 AM   #3

BethyM HB User
Obviously the woman that ridicules you is the one with the problems, not you.......Isn't it scary that some people don't grow out of bullying? Great idea with the plant, it probably drives your tormnentor crazy!

------------------
BethyM

Old 11-04-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
Veteran

Pootsi HB User
Very nice story!

What a monster she must of been!! You boss was probably more afraid of her, than liking her. Maybe he didn't know how to handle her. Ha, amazing how people can be so controlling and evil.
You aught to get a note from the doctor on the plant, for safe keeping, incase the plant situation comes up again. Cuz it really has helped you with the panic attacks like antidepressants without the side effects.
Make sure you take care of your plant, don't let it dry up, or don't overwater it. Unless the plant people are doing it.
I bet she's aching for someone else to belittle and put down.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
(female)

kayyak HB User
Re: A PLANT SAVED ME

I'm sorry that you have to deal with that person.

I am 57 years old. Over the years I have had to deal with people like that "crazy" women in your office. I used to cry, worry and moan over people like that.

I came to the conclusion that I wasn't put in this world to be abused. I just let them go on their way now. Those kind of people hate themselves and want to take it out on the weakest link in their sphere.

Pray for those who spitefully use you and do what you can to help those who need you. I don't worry about people like that anymore. Their day is coming.

Closed Thread