It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
(male)

Bball92 HB User
Seeing things in the corner of my eye.

Hey guys I just wanted to know if it's normal to see anything in the corner of your eyes or in peripheral vision? It's never for more then a split second and it's really making me freak out thinking that I'm starting to develop schizophrenia or something. My anxiety turns me into a hypochondriac, so it may just be blowing up the whole situation, but I have no idea what to think.

The only logical thing I have come up with is that I'm having simple vision problems because I have been having a hard time seeing in the dark. I doubt it's cataracts because I'm only 18.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

The following user gives a hug of support to Bball92:
Socal13 (12-21-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
(male)

Socal13 HB User
Re: Seeing things in the corner of my eye.

Yeah dude, Its been happening with me too, I'll be reading something and then I'll see like
something move on the top of my vision or way to the side and I look and everything is normal. It freaks me out to. I think it will go away if it is not something major like things starting to vibrate or you seeing stars, then you should tell your doctor if thats the case, If you just see stuff like us just pray and do some exercise and eat right. For Real.

The Following User Says Thank You to Socal13 For This Useful Post:
Bball92 (12-22-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2010, 01:02 AM   #3
(male)

Bball92 HB User

I'm trying to eat right, but in college it's hard... uhm, I do see stars when I shut my eyes but my doctor also said that was pretty normal too.

Last edited by ms_mod; 12-22-2010 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Removed quote. Ms_Mod

Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

Due to your anxiety your senses may be heightened causing you to see shadows or changes in light from the corner of your eye. Try not to focus in on it as it will only make things worse. If you really think you may have seen something turn around and remove all doubt thereby reassuring yourself that you are not losing your mind or anything. Sincerely, searchin

Last edited by ms_mod; 12-22-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary information. Ms_Mod

The Following User Says Thank You to Searchin For This Useful Post:
Bball92 (12-22-2010)
Old 12-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
(male)

Bball92 HB User

Thanks for the posts guys. It helps to have a little reassurance.

After 3 months with anxiety and about a month and a half without having any anxiety attacks I think it finally has caught up with me. A lot of it time I don't know what to expect and I do not know what to think regardless of how many times I go through similar things.

Lately I have been caught up with the idea that I possibly may be developing schizophrenia. The whole seeing things in the corner of my eye has not been helping.

Thanks .

Old 12-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
(female)

peytonphenomena HB User

What your experiencing is completley normal, I experience it myself too. If anything, you should be happy that your peripheral vision is great! The only reason why this seems as such a big deal because your so aware of it. When it happens just realize that it's normal and everyone else experiences it too.

Closed Thread