It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
(female)

Indigo658 HB User
Does Buspar help with Anxiety and depression?

I guess this winter has taken its toll on me. I have started having alot of anxiety and depression in my life. I was on Paxil for 4 yrs and I have been off for about 2 yrs now. Now this winter I have been having alot of anxiety problems. I am also having problems with hemroids so this has gat me all upset. Do you think that the Buspar will help me with all this going on inside my body right now? I am not for sure if some of the medicine that I am using for the hemroids might be giving me some of these feelings. If anyone can help me please give me some advice on this med.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
(male)

TwinsFan HB User
Re: Does Buspar help with Anxiety and depression?

I was on Buspar for years as a compliment to my Celexa. It treated me fine with no real side effects.

It is hard to say whether or not any of your other meds are making you feel the way you feel. Anxiety is a tough nut to crack, trust me I know! Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
(female)

socialanxiety12 HB User

Buspar is used in Europe and other parts of the world for depression - I live in Thailand and its considered an antidepressant here. I just started Buspar for anxiety 3 weeks ago and read up on it alot before deciding to give it try and didnt really read much about its results for depression. From what I have read and am experiencing so far, Buspar is a milder drug and I doubt it will be a cure all but the side effects are minimal so why not give it a try, if after 6-8 weeks its not working you could always mix in another drug.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Buspar helps some, but not all people (no drug helps 100% of people who take it)

it can be stronger/more effective if its taken with an SSRI such as citralopram, sertraline or paroxetine, one controls the depression, the other the anxiety.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
(male)

garrett24 HB User

It didn't help me at all.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
(male)

betterdays2come HB User

For me, Buspar made my anxiety worse. I found out it has some activity on Norepinephrine, which is the 'fight for flight' neurotransmitter.

Don't mess with my Norepinephrine!! ;p

Closed Thread