It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
(female)

singact HB User
SSRI's Fail

I've tried 3 SSRI's and felt the same on all 3 (Prozac-worked for 4 years then stopped, Zoloft, and Lexapro). What happens after SSRI's fail? I'm terrified to find out what the next step is, but I need to know there is something after this. I can't see my psychiatrist for another 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Last edited by singact; 04-11-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Re: SSRI's Fail

Dont be scared. Maybe its time to take a different path now. There are integrated doctors, even alternative doctors who actually specialize in stress and fatigue. It is an amazing field and a very knowledgeable one! Therapy can be used alongside it. Look up acam. It will list dr's in your area. It is a scientific prooven fact that all people, especially panic/anxiety ridden people have defienciencies in their body. Makes total sense. You can bring at least partial relief to yourself if you can balance out your bodies defiencies. Sometimes more than partial relief. You can begin by acam. Then go buy magnesium.. take 250mg at night (away from any other medication,pills..etc..leave large time frame between them). Then buy d3 gel caps and take 2000i.u a day. I would suggest b12 shots, more realistically a b complex. While you are decieding or awaiting next dr. visit treat yourself and take the above noted. it took years for your body to get to where it is and im sure you have adrenal fatigue from all the stress, your body is a machine honestly and it needs proper nutrition and supplements to function. Regular doctors are begining to recognize the reality that mant illness, especially stress are helped by nutrition and supplements. Never believe there is only one way to fix your health and well being. If you brought in your car and the mechanic said he did not have the correct parts to fix your car so he was just going to give you what he had and whatever happens happens, you would think he was silly and take your care to another mechanic..true. So, do the same for yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to itburns2004 For This Useful Post:
singact (04-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread