It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

IamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB User
Being anxious makes people misunderstand you

I have social anxiety and I wonder do anyone else ever feel like some days they can manage the anxiety better than others. Like for instance I get anxious when I see someone I know and I may want to say hi but I get anxious and I panic and try to avoid them, like waiting until they say hi first, or act like I didnt see them. Then there are days when my anxiety is less and I feel like I got more control of it, and on those days I may have the nerve to say hello.It is frustrating to me because when other people dont know your condition they may miss read you and think you stuck up. Also, it is like you want to be able to conversate but you cant even find the words to say and you are just not a talkable person.

On top of that, one of my cousins found me on facebook and we really dont know eachother because we grew up apart. I wrote to him but because im not very talkative I dont say much, I rarley even write messages on facebook but he goes behind my back and tells my sister im stuck up and that im some timing, when i never ignored him, i just dont talk much, and i got pretty upset and on top of that I suffer from depression and its like i go into a deep worry, thinking about how other people look at me.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: IamAandD
thaliak (05-28-2011), tinkerbell45 (05-28-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to IamAandD For This Useful Post:
tinkerbell45 (05-28-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User
Re: Being anxious makes people misunderstand you

I am SO glad you posted your note here. I want to tell you that you are absolutely NOT alone with the way you feel. I actually could have written that post because there are days when i feel like that. I do worry what people about what other people think even though i know i shouldn't but i am getting better about that with help of course. As for facebook i don't even have a facebook because i just KNOW it would cause me more trouble than it's worth!!! So i say just be yourself and remember you CAN NOT help how you feel and no-one has walked in YOUR shoes and until they do they NO right to judge!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 09-21-2011 at 08:41 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
IamAandD (05-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Being anxious makes people misunderstand you

It is true. No one can appreciate what people are feeling until they go through with it themselves. In any case, what do you care about what other people think of you? If they are so hasty in judging you without even getting to know you, then you have another serious reason not to care about them!
However, having said that, you seem to have anxiety because you worry that other people will find you not good enough and reject you. These are the underlying subconscious issues most of us carry along. The point is to try and build up our confidence so that we care less about other people and a little bit more about how we do really feel. The way to gain confidence is to do things you like. It could be regular exercise alone or with friends, starting up a hobby, joining a club, enjoying nature, caring for an animal and FINALLY, volunteering to help people in need. Especially the last one will give you the best ever feel good state of mind you will ever experience. I guarantee it. I have done all the things that I have suggested to you and my confidence has soared, enough to give advice to ... others!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to thaliak:
tinkerbell45 (05-28-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thaliak For This Useful Post:
IamAandD (05-28-2011), tinkerbell45 (05-28-2011)
Closed Thread