It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
(male)

matthew11 HB User
sexual dysfunction on zoloft?

people please!!, somebody tell me that the sexual side effects of zoloft are negligible to none in comparison with the other ssri's!! I was on 50 mg of paxil for three years but about two weeks ago was unable to continue with this prescription due to my drug coverage being denied. anyways, the last two weeks have been absolutely terrible, but the only plus has been that, for the first time in three years, I actually have a sex drive and enjoy masturbation again, paxil, while doing it's part in the treatment of my ocd and subsequent depression, left me sexually incapable, and over time, it was this lasting side effect which was actually ruining my life. I just cannot live like that anymore, it's absolutely horrible, but anyways I'm sure I do not need to go into a description of the distress and misery resulting from such a terrible side effect as this - just, in short, all I can say is that it was ruining my life. so my question is - now knowing that a drug, like almost anything in life, will effect people differently - does anybody know what the sexual side effects of zoloft are, comparative to the other ssri's? and, if so the case, is there any treatment in combination with another drug that would assuage or reverse such said side effects. I'm sorry to go on at such length, I tried to keep this concise while also providing any adequate information, and if anybody would like to share with me their own experiences regarding this topic/side effect/trouble, I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback. thank you so much everybody for even providing with the opportunity to correspond with some of you regarding this, I wish you all the best results in your treatments and the healing process' overall. thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread