It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

SCATTERED HB User
MEDITATION and ANXIETY

Has anyone used meditation to alleviate their anxiety? If so, was it effective? My anxiety can become very intense, and I'm really in need of something to help reduce it. I don't like taking meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
(male)

k93 HB User
Re: MEDITATION and ANXIETY

Hi, scattered. I'm not too into meds for my anxiety either, but I think I should say that in my personal opinion and experience meds can be very helpful if your anxiety induces panic or causes unbearable discomfort. as far as meditation goes I'm pretty sure it can help if not cure you of anxiety. I use meditation as a comfort when anxiety is intense, but that is very short term. However when my anxiety is low, I can use meditation to explore new fronteirs of my mind and successfully battle the doubts and fears within myself. Good luck and happy meditating!

Last edited by k93; 06-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
(female)

SCATTERED HB User

Hi K93,

Thank you for your support and opinion regarding meditation and anxiety! It was very helpful! I'm going to start meditating again!

Scattered

Old 06-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
(female)

thunderseed HB User

Meditation and visualizations are very helpful to me. Sometimes it is hard to simply clear the mind of thoughts when the mind is so anxious, so i find calming music, or a relaxing bath, or having something good to focus on, or some great advice i recieved a while ago - to write a list of all the things that make you feel loved, safe, and warm, therefore when you meditate, focus on these things, and feel the love, safety and warmth envelope you. It is a lot easier than jumping ahead into trying to not think anything.

The most effective visualization I find, is focusing on slow calm inhales and exhales, while being in a very comfortable relaxed position, and imagining white light flowing through every point of my body. For example, imagine a beautiful translucent white light that's sole purpose is to surround you in love and safety and cleanse away any fears and anxiety you have, breathe it in and feel it spread to your fingertips, imagine it travelling to every point throughout your body, finger to finger, to wrist, to elbow, to shoulder, to the inside of the arm, then to the chest, ect. This exercise works wonders for me.
Keep up the meditating!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
(female)

SCATTERED HB User
Smile Re: MEDITATION and ANXIETY

Sounds beautifully tranquil. I definitely need to take the time and meditate everyday. I really liked the way you described it!

Thank you so much!

SCATTERED

Old 11-23-2011, 04:42 AM   #6
(male)

kiran26 HB User

Yes I do experienced some good things from Meditation. It releives all tensions in our mind.
My experience is that even i have 3 hours sleep a day i wont feel lazy and my mind works very active and positive... One more thing you can do is do some positive affirmations like " I am happy every minute" and keep it where you spend more time... It tunes your brain slowly to be happy ....

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-23-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room letters with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 11-24-2011, 02:59 AM   #7
(male)

lancetrot HB User

Yes i am meditating for a while to keep my anxiety under control. In the beginning i do not find any drastic improvement. After sometime i begin to feel the difference. Meditation allows me to gain some degree of control over my thoughts. This allows me to control negative emotions which cause anxiety. Along with this i am practicing breathing exercises too. Practicing breathing exercises along with meditation increase the oxygen supply in body and make me feel more energetic. Tryout this. and revert.

Last edited by lancetrot; 11-24-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:40 AM   #8
(male)

lancetrot HB User

Hi
Meditation is excellent for anxiety, but it may not be the magic wand that you wish it to be, it needs dedication & time. If you can, It will be the solution

Old 11-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
(female)

cupidscat HB User

I have had anxiety for years that I have been dealing with. I take mt supplements, I exercise ,try to stay away from toxic people and I use Vibroacoustic Therapy. It brings you into a tranquil state within minutes. I try to do it weekly. Good luck in overcoming anxiety.The one other thing is try to remember not to focus on it or check symptoms this can make it worse

Closed Thread