It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User
how long can physical symptoms of anxiety last?

Hi all, just wondering.

I'm suffering a HIV scare, but that is not why i am here, that is just the foundation of my anxiety.

what i am here to ask though, is how long physical symptoms of anxiety can last, even though you aren't necessarily anxious anymore. Do the symptoms stop as soon as you stop the anxiety? or is it a case of 'the damage has already been done' and it takes some time for the symptoms to dissipate even after the anxiety has stopped?

in terms of my physical symptoms, i am suffering from dull muscle ache in the legs and less in the arms, loose stools, stomach rumbling... and i think slight weight loss?

thanks for your time

Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: how long can physical symptoms of anxiety last?

It really takes a bit of time to settle your body down. Being anxious can cause all sorts of physical symptoms. If your anxiety is caused due to your HIV scare, once you are over it your body will start to re-coop. It is NOT going to be an overnight thing, but it does get much better.

Find yourself ways to ease your anxiety and perhaps the other physical symptoms will lessen. You need to keep positive and try not to let all the little things that go wrong raise havoc with your system. If you feel your anxiety is getting you down talk to your Dr. and maybe get a low dose anxiety med., something you can take during those anxious moments.

Wishing you well...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

thank you for your words JJ

The annoying thing about hiv and anxiety symptoms is that they can be very similar... I've been assured that my risk was negligible and that i should try and move on. my main physical symptoms have been a really dull ache in the legs, noticeable at different times, and not painful, just irritating. and loose stools

are those 2 common symptoms of physical anxiety?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Well if they said your risk level is so nill I'd definately think it was the anxiety. I know when I get tensed up my muscles ache especially in my lower back and legs and yes...I most certainly get a case of Diarrhea, sometimes for 2-3 days in a row. My Dr. gave me a low dose of Diazapaem when my husband was sick in the hospital for 3 weeks as I was running nuts back and forth and was not eating right and just couldn't seem to relax. Trust me, I had pains and aches in places I didn't even know could hurt. Nerves can do a number on you.

Take care...JJ...

Closed Thread